AOPA Fly In - Missoula MT

David Leslie

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
David
Hi -

I am planning on flying from Southern California to the AOPA Fly In at Missoula MT next month.

Does anyone have any suggested routes to avoid the ultra tall mountains, and tricky weather?

Thanks

Where in SoCal?

I'll see you there, I'm flying over from Pittsburgh. If you see a C182, registration N9953H, come say hi.

Missoula has had flooding problems this spring but from what I can see, nowhere near the airport. I’m flying up from the Salk Lake City area on the 14th.

Missoula has had flooding problems this spring but from what I can see, nowhere near the airport. I’m flying up from the Salk Lake City area on the 14th.
Hi Alan

So, I was potentially planning to go through SLC area, and from there I would go north, towards American Falls (PIH VOR), then Salmon, Stevensville, into Missoula per the NOTAM.

Any suggestions or better routes to go through those mountains?

David

KSLC > KPIH > 1U2 > U00 > KSMN and then direct from Salmon to Missoula following 93 is the route I would take.

I’ll be there but almost a straight shot, KCOE - KMSO. Arriving Thursday morning since I have a volunteer gig in the afternoon.

Back