What plane are you daydreaming about today?

.......................wait a minute......................

Just so everybody gets it:

@eman1200 owns a Mooney.

@eman1200 REALLY wants a Bonanza

@eman1200 tries to convince us that his Mooney IS a Bonanza.

PoA takes every opportunity to remind @eman1200 that his Mooney ISN’T a Bonanza

All just good clean fun.

Everyone on board now?

I got it now. So next time eman, angle the camera so that your non-V-tail actually looks like a V-tail. Sooooooo much easier for the reader to get.

It's actually a twin V tail. The vees are 90º and the vertical stab is a side of both of the vees. Just like the Arrow, the 172, the Tiger, and most every other common GA plane out there.

It's actually a twin V tail. The vees are 90º and the vertical stab is a side of both of the vees. Just like the Arrow, the 172, the Tiger, and most every other common GA plane out there.

So a Commander 114 is a quad V-tail. Awesome!

A 160 knot, high wing, 4 cyl, large cabin, fixed gear, STOL, running at 10gph or less.

I got to thinking about how well Cirrus is doing by putting automotive-grade luxury features and styling into an airplane, and found myself planning out a design for a similar high-wing bird with 182 or 206-style utility and wondering how it would do. My guess is that it would do pretty well if they gave it similar engineering and marketing, and included an airframe parachute.

I got to thinking about how well Cirrus is doing by putting automotive-grade luxury features and styling into an airplane, and found myself planning out a design for a similar high-wing bird with 182 or 206-style utility and wondering how it would do. My guess is that it would do pretty well if they gave it similar engineering and marketing, and included an airframe parachute.

I believe the newer 182's are pretty flash (inside), and have BRS.
Send me a few hundred thou, and I'll get back with a PIREP :D

A 160 knot, high wing, 4 cyl, large cabin, fixed gear, STOL, running at 10gph or less.

That you can buy used for under $50K and parts are plentiful and cheap. Oh, and make it experimental so we can do some work on it ourselves. And a pony.

I believe the newer 182's are pretty flash (inside), and have BRS.
Send me a few hundred thou, and I'll get back with a PIREP :D

I've flown newer ones and they are nice, but they still look and feel like a 50s pickup truck dressed up with a nice radio and new seats. They don't have the luxury look and feel that the Cirrus does. I think BRS is still an aftermarket option, and it eats up a lot of baggage space.

Cirrus has started introducing things like key fobs, remote locks, remote courtesy lights... You could do that on a Cessna, but the doors still won't close right and the fit and finish will still be Cessna, which ain't great.

You look a lot less stupid doing your usual condescending ass routine if you notice that the post you quote is more than three months old and that the airplane sales website is unlikely to have a reason to host that image any more.

True. The thread was revived and I was reading by “new” posts, so I missed it.

A Piper Malibu or Cirrus Jet would be a badass family cruising machine. This is now my motivation for greater success in business.

I fly a PC-12 for work, so I don’t daydream about the airplane. Now, a registration with my name on it.......... :)

Ohh yeah it's nuts. Would never contemplate paying that much for that airframe. BUT I still think its cool and would love to have a chance to fly it.
yup....it could be fun....but how much fun can ya have at 100kts? :D

Disclaimer - I realize this picture and link will die when the add is pulled. Oh well!

https://www.barnstormers.com/classified_1361132_cessna+150J_180hp.html

I've seen the 150hp swap, but never a 180hp 150. I would never want to own this plane, but I bet its pretty dang fun to fly.
It is fun to fly, that's the Mighty Mouse (N12MM), built by Lynn Emrich in the late 1970s for short takeoff and landings. I flew it back in 1978-79 towing gliders at the old Issaquah Glider Center. When I was flying it the electrical system and anything else not required had been removed. It had a nose wheel brake on it and at one point it had an articulated elevator and rudder as well as extended flaps.

When Lynn passed away 20 years ago he left the airplane to his son Thor, who sadly has passed away as well.

The DA62 is a dreamy plane.

Does anyone else find it funny that in a $1,000,000 plane with NXi equipped panel, there is still the need for a duct taped iPad?

It is fun to fly, that's the Mighty Mouse (N12MM), built by Lynn Emrich in the late 1970s for short takeoff and landings. I flew it back in 1978-79 towing gliders at the old Issaquah Glider Center. When I was flying it the electrical system and anything else not required had been removed. It had a nose wheel brake on it and at one point it had an articulated elevator and rudder as well as extended flaps.

When Lynn passed away 20 years ago he left the airplane to his son Thor, who sadly has passed away as well.

What is the nosewheel brake for?

It appears this plane was in a catastrophic accident. Seems like it must have been rebuilt from a data plate and donor parts from other airframes.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=177674

What is the nosewheel brake for?

It appears this plane was in a catastrophic accident. Seems like it must have been rebuilt from a data plate and donor parts from other airframes.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=177674
The nose wheel brake proved to be ineffective and was removed, the idea was to increase stopping power. We used a motorcycle hand brake on the flap handle. The original Mighty Mouse was a 1965 150E.

Thor and I "borrowed it" one time and flew it up to the San Juan Islands. We didn't count on the increased fuel burn of the big engine and ended up at Arlington nearly out of gas. We ran into a guy working on a DC-4, he drained about 5 gallons from the sump and gave it to us so we could get home. Turned out it was Steve Knopp of Pponk fame.

When I get home from this trip I will see if I can find any pictures of it. Lynn wanted to put a 210hp engine in it at one point, figured he could do a vertical climb with that much power (tongue in cheek of course.)

Just got back from our lake house and it got me dreaming of a light amphibian, something like a Aventura, or maybe something a bit faster like an Osprey, so I could take off from my backyard strip and pull up to my dock less than an hour later. The town with the lake house has a nice little airport, but by the time you park, borrow the courtesy car, and drive in, it's almost as fast to just drive.

Bump a fun thread.... Been thinking of an RV9 if I sell the 172. Two people and baggage cover 90% of what I do.

Back