Instant pot recipes wanted.

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
i was gifted an Instant Pot cooker. Now having fun trying out various recipes.

Please share any of your favorites.

(need some good ideas so I can apply to the fruit do vegetable shill association)

Pressure cooker - wonderful gadget. Stew is #1 followed by homemade chicken soup. Anything that takes a long time, such as chuck roast, works great and cooks in a fraction of the time. Lots of recipes on the web.

Have one myself and have only used it a handful of times. Found out it is not so good as a slow cooker. Had to pressure cook the meal for 15 minutes after 5 hours of slow cook time to get the meat tender. Oh well, new to slow cooking and pressure cooking.

bachelor_chow.jpg

We boil eggs in ours, a dozen at a time. Little bit of water, pressure cook for 5-7 mins. Let the pressure release normally. The eggs peel pretty easily afterwards, too.

Mostly use ours with various chicken recipes or rice. I think we did pot roast once, too. Not much faster than the oven, better texture than the slow cooker.

@AggieMike88, not sure if you know already or not but there is an instant pot app and also an instant pot Facebook group. I tried the Facebook group and got inundated with postings so I abandoned it.

I dunno about instant, but I bought some beef stew meat at Whole Foods this afternoon. Came home and threw it in a pan with the veggies and it was tasty. Add in some beef broth and away you go! Doesn’t take more than 20 minutes or so.

Mississippi Roast

So simple, but on of the best things you can make.

Recipe:

1. Throw out trendy Instant Pot.
2. Buy cast iron.
3. Watch all of the Matty Matheson videos on YouTube. Cook that stuff.

Back