Something is astray...

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
One of our guys in our c182 club sent this in.. among other things that need to be repaired. What the heck??

Attachments

• BAB33DDA-390C-4482-ABBE-3B05EFF07AD8.jpeg
    BAB33DDA-390C-4482-ABBE-3B05EFF07AD8.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 161
Take it out, rotate 180deg and reinstall. It doesn’t take a genius to figure that out. Well, maybe it does, because I had to suggest it.

I just bought into this club as my first part of plane ownership a few months ago. Nice C182. One of the guys in the club (there’s 5 of us total) mentioned that when voltage drops it’ll do that?!?! It hasn’t happened for me but but today one of the guys noticed it was intermittent??? In any event we are having shimmy damper problems that are putting plane in shop. This will get looked at as well hopefully.

Trumps the track up vs. north up argument

At least you are ready for when the Earth's magnetic poles flip.

And that's what makes POA so endearing. :D

The OP sounds more like it was posted for the 'novelty' value. :)

Thought it as more of a funny pic. I find most often you want a real answer you have to pay for it.

I think it probably happens because nobody knows what the heck is going on. Very weird that a voltage drop would do this, makes zero sense to me. But them I'm also not an expert of any kind on display systems.

It’s a known hardware issue and Garmin will fix it but it will cost you some bucks. A few years ago Garmin would cover the cost even if it was out of warranty but I think they stopped doing so.

oops... I should have said SSSS

Serious Satire, Sarcasm, and Snark

Stupidity.
reserved for the folks who wander on here declaring it's their dream to fly for the airlines, have several alcohol related law enforcement encounters, and continue to claim they don't have a alcohol tolerance issue.

Back