For Sale Free to good home...

Vince R

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Vince R
In the spirit of giving something back to the aviation community, I have some used pilot gear I’d like to donate to an up and coming student pilot. The gear includes:
  1. A large ballistic nylon flight bag, nearly new.
  2. A pair of older (late 1980s) David Clark headsets. One has been upgraded to noise cancelling technology, the other is in original form.
  3. An ASA electronic flight calculator.
  4. A knee board.
  5. Anything else I can find that I’ve collected several of over the years.
Last I checked, everything works and is in good condition, but no guarantees.

If interested, send the judge (me) a private message with a paragraph or two about your background and why you like to fly, plus what you hope to do in aviation. Also include some sort of proof that you’re a student pilot - scan of your logbook, student pilot certificate, selfie of you behind the wheel, etc.

Depending how many responses I get, I can’t promise to reply to everyone directly, but I will update this thread to congratulate the winner once one is selected.

Maybe post a link in the student pilot section. Students are poor and can't afford much so they don't look in the classifieds. But good on ya for offering.

Your post certainly caught my attention, but I don't have proof as I am currently jumping through a couple of hoops to get my medical (vision in only one eye). PM forthcoming.

If I start my instrument training, do I qualify as a student? :rolleyes:

Not that I really need any of that stuff...

I could use a set of headsets as a backup to my current ones but I am neither a student nor needy. I’m just cheap. On the other hand, I am charming.

Last edited:
I could use a couple workable headsets for the back seats, but I'm not a student pilot unless you consider that I'll start the IR soon as my autopilot is fixed by the guys who broke it.

I could use a couple workable headsets for the back seats, but I'm not a student pilot unless you consider that I'll start the IR soon as my autopilot is fixed by the guys who broke it.

Geez, Mike....sorry to hear that the saga continues!

In the spirit of giving something back to the aviation community, I have some used pilot gear I’d like to donate to an up and coming student pilot. The gear includes:
  2. A pair of older (late 1980s) David Clark headsets. One has been upgraded to noise cancelling technology, the other is in original form.
  4. A knee board.

If interested, send the judge (me) a private message with a paragraph or two about your background and why you like to fly, plus what you hope to do in aviation. Also include some sort of proof that you’re a student pilot - scan of your logbook, student pilot certificate, selfie of you behind the wheel, etc.

Depending how many responses I get, I can’t promise to reply to everyone directly, but I will update this thread to congratulate the winner once one is selected.
If there's an EAA chapter that does Young Eagles, donate the headset....we always need an extra set. Come the spring/summer months more of our chapter pilots participate, and many don't have an extra headset because they fly solo except that one day a month for YE.

Sent you a PM. Thanks for the opportunity!

4. A knee board.

Hi Vince,

I saw your post about needing to find a good home for your gear. I just started my flight training and am pursuing my private pilot license. A little about myself...I am currently in Physician Assistant School and plan to do most of my work with the underserved (both here and abroad). My dream for getting my private license is to be able to volunteer with PALS and transport patients to different hospitals and appointments around the East Coast that they couldn't get to otherwise. I also want to be able to transport patients in other countries to life-saving procedures we might identify in the villages I volunteer in. I want to give back and think this is a fantastic combination of two things I love.

If you haven't already found a great home for the gear I'd be honored if you'd consider me. I assure you that your gear will be put to great use as I'm just getting started and have an entire career of flying (and practicing medicine) ahead of me.

two pictures of me in the cockpit of a Cessna-195...
cessna 195.jpg
cessna195.jpg
a picture from the first plane I flew in that got me fascinated with flying...
first flight.jpg

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Stephanie DuVall

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    870.8 KB · Views: 12

You got your plane back??

Just wanted to update everyone...

So far, I've only received a handful of responses, so I've decided to keep the competition open for another few days before I pick a winner. Thanks to all that reached out to me, and hang in there - no decisions made yet.

BFR done. I am unbelievably rusty. Near killed us on our first departure. I truly need to fly more.

I’m fairly certain if you would have succeeded in killing yourself and the CFI that you would have failed the flight review.

Congrats on passing.

I’m fairly certain if you would have succeeded in killing yourself and the CFI that you would have failed the flight review.

Congrats on passing.
Got distracted in the runup (easy to do with a CFI onboard) and didn't reset the trim. Took off with too much nose up trim, and things got slow when I went to stow the gear. That wasn't the only thing, but boy it was an eye opener. I was just jumpy and unfocused, not my usually smooth self.

I was thinking about flying Young Eagles this weekend, but not anymore. I'm not at this moment a good enough pilot to trust myself with yard apes.

Just wanted to let everyone know that as of yesterday, we have a winner.

Thanks to all that participated, and best wishes to everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that as of yesterday, we have a winner.

Thanks to all that participated, and best wishes to everyone!
Are you going to announce who the winner is? I’ve always questioned those things that have, let’s say an ATV or motorcycle out by a store and they have cards to fill out asking to put down all of your contact information for a chance to win, but you never end up hearing who the winner was or if there actually was a winner. It makes me think that it’s just a ploy to gather people’s info. (Not saying that’s what this is).

I'm a soon to be pilot, just starting training to bring up my boy in Aviation. I'll take an always cherish any equipment I can!

Are you going to announce who the winner is? I’ve always questioned those things that have, let’s say an ATV or motorcycle out by a store and they have cards to fill out asking to put down all of your contact information for a chance to win, but you never end up hearing who the winner was or if there actually was a winner. It makes me think that it’s just a ploy to gather people’s info. (Not saying that’s what this is).

I didn’t want to use the person’s name without permission, but yes, there’s a real winner.

Back