UAL Attendant aparently goes nuts

She finally got to the boiling point. Good to see the airline compensated the passengers.

so the pax wrote.. I went to the cockpit and spoke to the captain... how do you walk up to the cockpit and speak to the pilots? even if you knock.. don't think they are just sitting there waiting to hear a knock and opening the door to say hey.. how' u doin (in Joeye style)

so the pax wrote.. I went to the cockpit and spoke to the captain... how do you walk up to the cockpit and speak to the pilots? even if you knock.. don't think they are just sitting there waiting to hear a knock and opening the door to say hey.. how' u doin (in Joeye style)
It's a certified aircraft, the phone has a placard...

It's a certified aircraft, the phone has a placard...
nice.. I have to try it next time... hey there... do you have a open seat there so I can sit there and watch you guys push buttons? I promise I will behave

Twitter user Erika Gorman wrote that the flight attendant was "drunk and disorderly" and "belligerent."

"Boarding announcements were 'if your seatbelt isn't tight, you F^*%ed up,'" Gorman wrote.

Gorman also wrote that she went to the cockpit to speak with the captain. Police were present when the flight landed, she wrote.

So I guess passenger Gorman is special and has access to all cockpits....

Even if passenger Gorman used the interphone..... "Hello captain, this is passenger Gorman. Your flight attendant is going nuts. We need you to call the police and have them meet the plane. Thank you".

I am interested in how passenger Gorman got into the cockpit...

Even if passenger Gorman used the interphone..... "Hello captain, this is passenger Gorman. Your flight attendant is going nuts. We need you to call the police and have them meet the plane. Thank you".

Impersonated the flight attendant by sounding drunk/stoned over the intercom? Situation normal. ;)

btw, most of the stuff the regionals are flying these days don't look like they have enough room for a third person IN the cockpit

Exactly. As a captain what do u guys when an unknown voice comes up in the phone and tells u your flight attendant is drunk. Do u take out your 45 and check it out? Let ATC know there is something going on back there? You never know if the voice on the phone is playing you to open the door or not. I guess at that point opening the door is out of question, but how do you verify what that voice on the phone telling you is true? Some regionals have 1 attendant and that’s about it

Maybe she’s like a number of people here in town who’ve imbibed an “edible” that was a touch stronger than they thought it was going to be.

LOL.

The joys of not having a police state locking people up for a plant.

But there’s downsides. Haha.

Anyway. Thus the joke about the pee test.

Hopefully she got medical help either way.

Leaving Denver.

And I'd be stoned AF too, if I had to go to Williston, ND.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Well, maybe so if it’s Air Marshal Gorman, but they might not publish that item in the news.

Correct, they would not out an air marshall. But would an Air Marshall then go to Twitter and announce everything that went on.??

More to this story than what we are hearing. I am thinking passenger Gorman is embellishing a little to make the twitter sound more interesting.

Then again, the cockpit door might have already been open and heard someone yelling in the back and called ahead for help.

Correct, they would not out an air marshall. But would an Air Marshall then go to Twitter and announce everything that went on.??

Well, if his ultimate boss and chief executive, POTUS, can announce everything on Twitter, why not?

More to this story than what we are hearing. I am thinking passenger Gorman is embellishing a little to make the twitter sound more interesting.

No doubt!

I've never been there. What's wrong with the place?
It's flat. It's frequently windy. Other than that pretty much nothing wrong with it in a little town on the high plains sense. Certainly no reason to be drunk or stoned just because you may be traveling there.

Well, maybe so if it’s Air Marshal Gorman, but they might not publish that item in the news.

An Air Marshal does not get access to the cockpit.

As for a passenger getting on the intercom, I would take that as a security breach, lock the cockpit down, declare and land asap with law enforcement meeting the aircraft.

No, the door is

Then again, the cockpit door might have already been open and heard someone yelling in the back and called ahead for help.

No,the door is never open in flight. Period.

Except for when:
The pilots need to pee.
The pilots need to poop.
The stew serves the pilots their meals.
The stew serves the pilots their martinis.

For those times the door is opened, it's never open, and there is protocol for those times That will not be discussed in public.

For those times the door is opened, it's never open, and there is protocol for those times That will not be discussed in public.

Everyone who flies sees the silly protocol. It’s not that big a deal. Don’t forget the secret knock and the 100 lb FA “bouncer” standing up there. LOL.

An Air Marshal does not get access to the cockpit.

As for a passenger getting on the intercom, I would take that as a security breach, lock the cockpit down, declare and land asap with law enforcement meeting the aircraft.

On what airplane? One with more than one FA, sure, I wouldn't expect a pax on the intercom. But a 50 seater with a single FA. If they go down in the back, there's nothing we can do, other than eventually get to the point in the procedure where we make a PA and ask a passenger to answer the phone.

Everyone who flies sees the silly protocol. It’s not that big a deal. Don’t forget the secret knock and the 100 lb FA “bouncer” standing up there. LOL.

Or a stew that started her career on the DC-2.....

On one flight I was a jump seater and actually got a seat in first class. One of the pilots came out to hit the head, and the FA was "standing guard". All 100 pounds of her and she probably started her career when it was required to be a nurse to be a FA....

I've never been there. What's wrong with the place?
A few years back, when I passed thru as I was in a six week road trip, it was the hub of the fracking boon and was an absolutely nasty place. There were far more people living in travel trailers than in real homes; makeshift RV parks were set up in farmers fields with sewage pipes running straight to the Missouri River, etc., etc., etc.

Prices in the area were outrageous for everything. IIRC the reader board for the Extended Stay America was scrolling a $1,500/wk rate. Sure, people were making good money but they were spending it all just to live.

A few years back, when I passed thru as I was in a six week road trip, it was the hub of the fracking boon and was an absolutely nasty place. There were far more people living in travel trailers than in real homes; makeshift RV parks were set up in farmers fields with sewage pipes running straight to the Missouri River, etc., etc., etc.

Prices in the area were outrageous for everything. IIRC the reader board for the Extended Stay America was scrolling a $1,500/wk rate. Sure, people were making good money but they were spending it all just to live.

I don’t know enough about all the possible consequences of fracking to pass judgment on that practice but raw sewage going straight into the river is horrible. Wasn’t anybody doing anything about that?

Back