How do you like your eggs?

Loooooove deviled eggs.

I haven't eaten in an Awful House in probably 20 years. That one time, I ordered eggs only, but they still gave me "hash browns." Which were, basically, mostly uncooked potato squares floating in oil. Yuck.

You must have gotten a bad WF. WF hash browns are the best on the planet! :D

Around here we call it it the Awful Waffle. But I still go.

I like my eggs cooked with sugar, flour and milk and a few other things....aka cake.

See, ya gotta order them "smothered", which means onion bits mixed in. Personally the more onion the better. Then ya stir some ketchup and you're in business.

Where does one order deviled eggs? I have yet to see them at a restaurant. Onion sounds good, ketchup, not so much.

Eggs scrambled, diced fried potatoes, cheese extra sharp cheddar, beans, jalapeno optional, all wrapped in a warm tortilla. Add hot sauce as eating.

At the majority of restaurants I get eggs scrambled. It takes a real dummy to screw up scrambled eggs. I mean I could do scrambled eggs at 6 years old. But I was not allowed to touch the skillet until I was 10.

Now I'm curious. How do you scramble eggs w/o a skillet?

Where does one order deviled eggs? I have yet to see them at a restaurant. Onion sounds good, ketchup, not so much.

I've seen 'em at restaurants, not very common though as far I know. My wife makes killer deviled eggs. Not hard to make your own Sac.

Now I'm curious. How do you scramble eggs w/o a skillet?
Scramble them up in a Pyrex measuring cup with a little milk and melted butter. Microwave, stir, repeat.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Scramble them up in a Pyrex measuring cup with a little milk and melted butter. Microwave, stir, repeat.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Use a styrofoam coffee cup, and you can eat out of it then throw it away. No dish to wash.

In a sketchy place, scrambled, Over medium if I think they can do it. Soft boiled at home.

I've yet to find a restaurant that knows the difference between "over easy" and "over medium", and I've been looking for a few decades now. They all come out as "over easy" in my book.

While it is true that bacon & cheese go with everything, I do not consider it a foul to state the blatantly obvious on POA. It is a standard POA protocol.
Please do not bother me with POA technicalities while I am ranting about bacon and cheese technicalities!

Over-medium, but only because I prefer them over-easy but can’t eat them if the “white” is runny, so O-M ensures at least that is cooked. If I don’t trust the place, scrambled.

Over-hard. With over-hard or over-medium you know that at least an egg was involved. With scrambled you don't know how many days the egg-slop has been sitting in the pitcher.

Over-hard. With over-hard or over-medium you know that at least an egg was involved. With scrambled you don't know how many days the egg-slop has been sitting in the pitcher.

True that, but I really try not to think too much about it. Like, when was the last time the dishwater was changed, or the sponge replaced, or wash cloth they just wiped my table down with washed, or pans cleaned, etc. Them’s some nasty places...

Please do not bother me with POA technicalities while I am ranting about bacon and cheese technicalities!

Well I also thought that the POA rules stipulate that all food threads require at least 20 references to bacon and/or cheese in order not to be locked. Just doing my part.

Well I also thought that the POA rules stipulate that all food threads require at least 20 references to bacon and/or cheese in order not to be locked. Just doing my part.

image.jpeg

Whoa now, I know bacon rates but when did cheese get up there with bacon?!

My favorite is
Eggcellent puns. Where's @James_Dean when you need him?

Just sitting back and watching the show. Please continue.

P.s. My favorite is a medium poach on a benedict with a nice sharp hollandaise. Also love a good deviled egg. My kids really love the good old 'mole in a hole', which I made them for breakfast this morning.

Had my eggs this morning: scrambled, with fried potato, fresh jalapeno (just barely charred), ham, and queso, wrapped in a flour tortilla that's also been rolled on the flat top. And a side of salsa. And coffee.

Last edited:
Back