Pennsylvania GA pulse

jonnyjetprop

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
John
I'm moving to the Pottstown, PA area (KPTW, N47). What's the GA scene up there? I'll be looking to rent as well. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I was just there (PTW) last Sunday. Seemed busy, not sure what's there to rent. I have a friend at N47 with a V tail BO, I'll ask him about the rental fleet and activity.

I'm moving to the Pottstown, PA area (KPTW, N47). What's the GA scene up there? I'll be looking to rent as well. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Just PM'ed my friend at N47.

"Light GA traffic... Cirrus, Cherokee and Cessna rentals"

Don't know the guys at PTW (and I advise you to call it "Heritage Field" if you don't want to get spanked on the Unicom).

GaryM's assessment is pretty much on target for all of the SE PA airports. What are you looking to rent, John?

Thank you for the replies. I've been renting C-172/182/PA28 types. I'd be interested in flying a Cirrus.

ATP SMEL, 14,000 hrs., regional airline instructor

Hey, isn't Pottstown one of the oldest airports in the country, and home of Yingling beer?

Hey, isn't Pottstown one of the oldest airports in the country, and home of Yingling beer?
Pottsville,PA is home of Yuengling beer. :)

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies. I've been renting C-172/182/PA28 types. I'd be interested in flying a Cirrus.

ATP SMEL, 14,000 hrs., regional airline instructor
Cirrus, go to LOM. Welcome to PA!

I learned to fly at KPTW but it was a few decades ago so I can’t help much. I will tell you that the two large nuclear cooling towers right next to the airport really took the trepidation of getting lost on those early solo flights out of the equation! I could see those things from 50 miles away! Of course, now we have GPS so it isn’t much of a factor any more.

I learned to fly at KPTW but it was a few decades ago so I can’t help much. I will tell you that the two large nuclear cooling towers right next to the airport really took the trepidation of getting lost on those early solo flights out of the equation! I could see those things from 50 miles away! Of course, now we have GPS so it isn’t much of a factor any more.

Share some pattern memories.....at 7:40, left base for one-zero heritage. Cooling towers off the nose.

Back