What circumstances call for the Blue Ribbon?

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
.... and no I'm not talking about kilts, winning first prize, or a Pabst beer

I plan on switching AME's. And to make providing a complete history to the new AME (and have the full info for my records) I plan on requesting a copy of my file from OKC. Page 4 of this document explains how to do that.

That page also mentions I can request a certified blue ribbon true copy for an additional $3.00.

What does the blue ribbon version provide that the non-ribbon one doesn't? And under what circumstances would I prefer the blue ribbon one?

@bbchien?

It doesn't matter. The Blue Ribbon just went by the wayside. The FOIA operation was so far behind (with the new redact requirement) that they were getting into some difficulty with federal legal beagles. All they will have is the FOIA record, henceforth.

So now esp. for drug and alcohol it becomes vital that the AME receive his copy directly form the agency, rather than through the airman. It's unbelievable but there are a lot of gusy out there removing pages, as if the FAA would act differently (or the AME). When an airman does that, EVERYBODY loses.

The chart doesn't make sense.
The AME can't figure out why, what happened.
More delays for the airman.

I've BTDT and it isn't pretty. I am now insisting on my own copy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back