KBJC area (?) airplane hater

There are people (notice the plural use) around GBR who do nothing all day but complain to the police and FAA about the airport and aircraft.
Same at 44N.
I just don't get it. If you don't want to hear airplanes, don't by a house that shares a property line with an airport.

I wouldn’t contact him in any way shape or form.

File a police report for documentation of the unwarranted and unwanted contact, and if it continues request a restraining order.

Doubt the FSDO cares but I’d do the police report first and then forward them a copy of that. Not just a call.

Also might tip off the airport authority, but they probably already know the nutjob.

There’s really no winning with crazy people. Don’t bother.
This.

I read that to be a threat. And in today's world, you can't take threats too lightly. Let the local gendarmes handle it.

He doesn't live anywhere near KBJC ... for those local, he's in Ken Caryl ...

Good grief, that isn't near any airports. We had a house in Governor's Ranch back in the early 1980s and looked at houses in Ken Caryl. This clown is a professional complainer.

Good grief, that isn't near any airports. We had a house in Governor's Ranch back in the early 1980s and looked at houses in Ken Caryl. This clown is a professional complainer.
Except....everyone west of I-25 uses the Highlands Ranch/Ken Caryl area as a practice area. Boulder, LMO, Erie, even Centennial at times.

Except....everyone west of I-25 uses the Highlands Ranch/Ken Caryl area as a practice area. Boulder, LMO, Erie, even Centennial at times.
Interesting ... I never knew that! I always thought everyone headed to Greeley to do turns around the stockyard or 8s around a center pivot irrigator.

No. As already mentioned the semi-official practice areas are Chatfield and south of there.

I have a printed copy of an old chart that Aspen marked up nicely showing them, but not the digital version and Aspen has removed it from their website some time ago.

Probably worried they don’t want the liability of publishing a chart that other places and pilots were downloading and using.

I could probably scan it and upload it here but it’s pretty beat up and wrinkly. I keep it around to have something visual to show students.

Plus I needed it as a code reference for all of Aspen’s instructors because they gave silly names to all the practice boxes like “Two Towers” and when they announce on the air-to-air frequency they might as well be speaking Russian to the rest of us without their now-unpublished secret decoder ring. LOL.

Plus I needed it as a code reference for all of Aspen’s instructors because they gave silly names to all the practice boxes like “Two Towers” and when they announce on the air-to-air frequency they might as well be speaking Russian to the rest of us without their now-unpublished secret decoder ring. LOL.
At GFK, it's ATC that will tell you to report uncharted visual checkpoints. I just go in IFR so I don't have to learn them, even though I did manage to get my hands on the secret decoder ring. The purpose of these references is so that people can speak and understand a common language. If only members of a secret cabal know the code, that purpose is defeated. I kind of want to fly around those places and just make up my own checkpoints. "Piper zero chucky three is over the tree." "Piper zero cessna three has the hill in sight."

At GFK, it's ATC that will tell you to report uncharted visual checkpoints. I just go in IFR so I don't have to learn them, even though I did manage to get my hands on the secret decoder ring. The purpose of these references is so that people can speak and understand a common language. If only members of a secret cabal know the code, that purpose is defeated. I kind of want to fly around those places and just make up my own checkpoints. "Piper zero chucky three is over the tree." "Piper zero cessna three has the hill in sight."

Yeah. I stick to stuff that’s charted. Like “3 miles south of the town of Elizabeth at (altitude)” or “One mile east of the Kiowa water tower.” Every fool with a chart can find those if they care.

Plus I needed it as a code reference for all of Aspen’s instructors because they gave silly names to all the practice boxes like “Two Towers” and when they announce on the air-to-air frequency they might as well be speaking Russian to the rest of us without their now-unpublished secret decoder ring.
You should know all about the Two Towers.

Duh.

Back