Commercial Written Test - Beta program starting

write-stuff

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
write-stuff
GoldMethod is getting ready to open its beta test program for the new coverage of the Commercial Pilot Knowledge Test. Many POA members were involved in the Instrument Pilot beta test back in 2016. If the commercial knowledge test is in your future, this may be something you want to consider.

Beta test members will receive full access to the program without charge. We anticipate that the beta test program will run roughly two months. Members who remain actively involved during the beta test period will retain full access to the live program after the test period is completed. Students who complete the GoldMethod program may automatically generate a signed Knowledge Test Endorsement.

GoldMethod is a very unique way to prep for the instrument or commercial knowledge test. Its intelligent testing engine monitors students through the quizzes. When it has determined that a particular question has been mastered, that question is removed from the database. The question database keeps shrinking so that students only work with questions that remain a challenge. The system includes built-in "hint" and "cheat" functions, along with flash cards.

To reduce the possibilities of rote memorization, the system uses a proprietary "3 dimensional randomization" algorithm. Unavailable in any other aviation training product, this encourages deep subject learning and steers the students away from memorization tricks.

All of this means that the quizzes, themselves, become an effective teaching tool.

To sign up, email russell@groundschool.com. Include your name, email address, and state whether or not you are already registered at GoldMethod.

You may join our Facebook group at:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1793411237590176/

AWESOME!!!!!

Email sent.

Thanks, guys. We have 16 people signed up from yesterday, but need a boatload more. We had about 75 beta testers when we did the instrument program in 2016, but probably a lot more people doing instrument ratings than commercial checkrides. Anyway, if a commercial written test is in your future, come on and join us.

Hmm I might be interested...

When does the test start? Who knows, if I pass the commercial written, it just might make me go get the airwork too and do the checkride.

So are there videos to watch like the King courses?

but need a boatload more
If you haven't already done so, cross post this opportunity to the AOPA Red Board (their older forums) and the newer AOPA Hangar (their newer forums).

I will also send you an invite to the regional DFW aviation Facebook page. They have a large population and are very active there.

So are there videos to watch like the King courses?
No. This is a completely different approach to learning, based on the actual quizzes. It is a highly intelligent piece of software that learns about you as you go through it, and focuses on what you need to know.

There is no other aviation test prep program like this in existence.

If you haven't already done so, cross post this opportunity to the AOPA Red Board (their older forums) and the newer AOPA Hangar (their newer forums).

I will also send you an invite to the regional DFW aviation Facebook page. They have a large population and are very active there.
Good idea, but I haven't been a member of the AOPA forums for years. I will look for your FB invite.

GoldMethod is getting ready to open its beta test program for the new coverage of the Commercial Pilot Knowledge Test. Many POA members were involved in the Instrument Pilot beta test back in 2016. If the commercial knowledge test is in your future, this may be something you want to consider.

Beta test members will receive full access to the program without charge. We anticipate that the beta test program will run roughly two months. Members who remain actively involved during the beta test period will retain full access to the live program after the test period is completed. Students who complete the GoldMethod program may automatically generate a signed Knowledge Test Endorsement.

GoldMethod is a very unique way to prep for the instrument or commercial knowledge test. Its intelligent testing engine monitors students through the quizzes. When it has determined that a particular question has been mastered, that question is removed from the database. The question database keeps shrinking so that students only work with questions that remain a challenge. The system includes built-in "hint" and "cheat" functions, along with flash cards.

To reduce the possibilities of rote memorization, the system uses a proprietary "3 dimensional randomization" algorithm. Unavailable in any other aviation training product, this encourages deep subject learning and steers the students away from memorization tricks.

All of this means that the quizzes, themselves, become an effective teaching tool.

To sign up, email russell@groundschool.com. Include your name, email address, and state whether or not you are already registered at GoldMethod.

You may join our Facebook group at:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1793411237590176/

email sent

@write-stuff ... any chance at alpha access?
We're trying to stay away from that. But we are shooting for Monday April 30 to open it up. I think we have around 30 testers now, but really need a lot more. We had about 75 when we did the instrument program, and half of them never did anything. Of the remaining half, only half of those people ever gave us any feedback or error reports.

Thanks Russ. I just sent an email. I am intrigued on the new approach.

Thanks everyone. We're up to 44 testers now and plan to open up the beta test in a few days. If you want to join in, now is the time.

e-mail sent. Just started working with my CFII to brush up on the commercial maneuvers, so this is really good timing.

-Dan

Email sent. Did you get it Russel?

Perfect timing, I will be taking the written soon

We're closing out the beta test team today. Thanks to the 50+ people who signed up. Watch your emails for details. The beta test goes live tomorrow, Sunday 4/29.

I got your confirmation email. Thanks Russ. I am looking forward to giving it a try.

How long is this beta test going for? Thanks. Been trying to use it when I can

Shoot. Day late and a dollar short. I’m in the middle of my Commercial prep now

Is this still going, I’m not able to login today?

Server-level problems this morning. Working on it and >hope< to have it resolved soon.

BTW, we got a report from the first beta member to take the FAA exam. He passed with an 87% and felt that the GoldMethod program covered everything.

do you have a control subject yet? I'm about to start my commercial. Last time I sat or studied was 2000! So pretty much going from fresh to finished.

Back