Kentucky Dam PoA fly-in... (M34 Apr 26-29) who's coming?

Let's go back a couple pages on the thread and identify a Friday night and Saturday night restaurant me or someone can call this week and make reservations. The only thing I know I'm bringing for sure is beer and a chair I figured we need to identify a place to gather maybe it's Tim's campsite maybe it's a common area at the lodge but this should be significantly unorganised and somewhat of a cluster with plenty of ubering.

Are there any people rooming together that maybe have a larger cabin and are willing to let 15 or 20 people hang out there after hours?

Edit:
Never mind on the meeting room, looks like it's a pretty good walk or short drive from the lodge.

Last edited:
I haven't been paying attention to the plans. I am being asked lots of questions so we know what to take with us.

I know nothing is etched in stone but war are the plans for meals. I think I heard flying out to someplace on Sat but there was also Golf mentioned and shooting. What meals are we going to try to eat together and what ones are on our own. If we figured out the grill thing I can bring a good assortment of dogs, brats, mets. Better half is in Maryland and doesn't get back home till late Wednesday. She is supposed to be emailing a grocery list to me for vittles for the weekend.

I'm not gonna use too many brain cycles trying to plan every meal, as I know they will change once we all get together. also, it's all group decisions, so unless people chime in, we're gonna be winging it. BUT, as 6er and I mentioned, we're doing dinner somewhere Friday night, and the talk was bbq lunch on Saturday. they have a restaurant on the premises, so I'd think I'd be eating most breakfasteses there if and when I wake up, unless anyone has a better idea. so that leaves dinner on Thursday night for the people who get in on Thursday and dinner Saturday night. maybe Saturday dinner would be a good time to grill up some grub, or just do another restaurant. I asked the place and they have grills spread around that we can use, or we can invade Tim's campsite and grill there, if they have grills at the campsites, which I 'assume' they would.

we have a couple of blanks to fill in but not much:

Thursday dinner:

Friday bfast: Harbor Lights (on site restaurant)
Friday lunch:
Friday dinner: Reservations to be made

Saturday bfast: Harbor Lights
Saturday lunch: fly to bbq joint
Saturday dinner: Reservations to be made OR grill out

Sunday bfast: Harbor Lights
Sunday lunch?:

I was gonna suggest meeting Thursday evening for happy hour at the bar at the restaurant, but our own happy hour at the airport waiting for people to come in works too. I guess we have to check in at some point.

Thoughts from the group?

I noticed the nearby marina rents boats, half day or full day, all kinds from jet skis to bass boats, runabouts to pontoons...I may be game for a boat ride.

I saw on their website that's it's "Camper Appreciation Weekend". With a free concert by a local rock band. I'm not sure if those staying the the lodge and cottages are included.

Where's the BBQ joint? If we're flying out I'll probably skip bfast and get a head start. I brought the plane home yesterday and got the performance numbers all figured out. If I lean way back and hold my breath I can get her up to about 95 mph.

Where's the BBQ joint? If we're flying out I'll probably skip bfast and get a head start. I brought the plane home yesterday and got the performance numbers all figured out. If I lean way back and hold my breath I can get her up to about 95 mph.
Saying you will lean way back gives new meaning to "lean of peak"...peak speed!

Found what you're doing wrong--you're supposed to lean forward!

I'm not gonna use too many brain cycles trying to plan every meal, as I know they will change once we all get together. also, it's all group decisions, so unless people chime in, we're gonna be winging it. BUT, as 6er and I mentioned, we're doing dinner somewhere Friday night, and the talk was bbq lunch on Saturday. they have a restaurant on the premises, so I'd think I'd be eating most breakfasteses there if and when I wake up, unless anyone has a better idea. so that leaves dinner on Thursday night for the people who get in on Thursday and dinner Saturday night. maybe Saturday dinner would be a good time to grill up some grub, or just do another restaurant. I asked the place and they have grills spread around that we can use, or we can invade Tim's campsite and grill there, if they have grills at the campsites, which I 'assume' they would.

we have a couple of blanks to fill in but not much:

Thursday dinner:

Friday bfast: Harbor Lights (on site restaurant)
Friday lunch:
Friday dinner: Reservations to be made

Saturday bfast: Harbor Lights
Saturday lunch: fly to bbq joint
Saturday dinner: Reservations to be made OR grill out

Sunday bfast: Harbor Lights
Sunday lunch?:

I was gonna suggest meeting Thursday evening for happy hour at the bar at the restaurant, but our own happy hour at the airport waiting for people to come in works too. I guess we have to check in at some point.

Thoughts from the group?

I'm good with all that. Frankly, it seems like we use our brains a lot planning for Gaston's, so I was kind of planning on just wingin' this one. Imma bring my wife, my big butt, a guitar, a set of clubs, and just see where the weekend takes us.

P.S. Haze me all you want about Celine. You can't hurt my feelings and my heart will go on. Even if you try to hurt my feelings, the power of love compels me to forgive you...........I lost my train of thought for a moment. Oh yeah, it's all coming back to me now. You guys can joke, but I know I'm not all by myself in my love for her music, that's the way it is. That said, I'm glad you guys invited me to this soiree, and I know it's because you loved me. Booyah.

Last edited:
I think the only real kinda weird part is not having a known gathering area.
The rest is just doin crap.

I guess most of us have smartphones and this thread.

I think I'm going to get there late Thurs afternoon/early evening, get myself checked into the lodge right away if I don't run into anyone first, then try to find whatever group is there for dinner. Then... whatever and probably leave late Sat morning/early afternoon... most likely after lunch.

I've never met any of you guys before just talked back and forth on the board/chat so I probably won't recognize anyone.

I will be in late Friday.
For reference, this is me:
4050314_chncdhahr0cdovl3dpa3jlehbvcnquy29tl3dwlwnvbnrlbnqvdxbsb2fkcy8ymde2lza4l21lzxqtagfuzhnvbwutbwfulxdvcmxklxdvbi10lwjlbglldmuty291bnryes1jb21lc18ynjvhytqwmme5otuxntllmjrmythlzjixmzawndy0ms5qcgc_prx_551f8f51_jpeg8c32ec1efe9f36b899dcb3b132c959ed

I see you have a good start on your TX tan

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Define public.
Drinking is illegal in my front sidewalk in Texas

Scroll back and berate whoever threw out M34 now!

I've been to a few large gatherings at some of the KY State park resorts. IF we do the red solo cup thing, and don't get loud and obnoxious, we should be ok. We had a large (30-40) group of motorcyclists at these a few times, and we were not bothered.

I think the only real kinda weird part is not having a known gathering area.
The rest is just doin crap.

I’ve never done something like this. I figured a fly-in meant hanging around airplanes a lot of the time...like at the airfield?

I’ve never done something like this. I figured a fly-in meant hanging around airplanes a lot of the time...like at the airfield?
That's likely to happen Saturday with the lunch fly out depending on who all is down four for

I feel you on this one. I am a huge Justin Timberlake fan, despite being middle aged.

The Book of Redneck clearly states that Timberlake fandom is permissible only if your a woman. If the aforementioned gender condition does not exist, your man card is hereby revoked, and you must admit to no less than 3 friends and/or family that you are gay within a period of no more than 5 working days (weekends and holidays excluded). Appeals can be submitted in writing to your RSDO (Redneck Standards District Office) and reinstatement of man cards can be granted only if the Timberlake love began with his participation in the "Lonely Island" comedic musical group, pending RMC (redneck management council) review.

The BOR states that my Celine love is permissible because she's a smokin' hot woman, and I'm a dude. However, my case had to be reviewed by the RMC due to her being Canadian. Further, while deemed appropriate in accordance with Redneck rule CRR (Code of Redneck Regulations) 34.4-7 subpart K, additional regulations forbidding a redneck to like the French came into play, but negative action was not taken due to French only being her first language and not her country of origin.

Does the Book of Redneck allow to like the duet of Tennessee Whiskey/Drink you Away that Timberlake did with Chris Stapleton? I thought that was pretty badass.

Does the Book of Redneck allow to like the duet of Tennessee Whiskey/Drink you Away that Timberlake did with Chris Stapleton? I thought that was pretty badass.

Timberlake singing country music is permissible per CRR 127.4. It states:

Subpart M (male vocalists)

A redneck is allowed at any time to listen to any form of (male) country music at any desired volume, provided that:
a) an actual country artist is present on stage
b) there is at least one real country artist per number of cross-over artist accompaniment
c) any accompaniment not having a natural hick accent does not attempt to use a fake hick accent
d) no hip-hop style dancing occurs

Subpart F (female vocalist) is governed by different rules, and contains various degrees of leniency dependent upon the hotness of the vocalist in question.

The Book of Redneck clearly states that Timberlake fandom is permissible only if your a woman.

Well, I'm gay, so there is an entire appendix of special case exceptions that most people don't bother to read.

Back