Daily Pic

Question on the monitor. How does the total fuel show zero but the left and right fuel sides show about 75%

Question on the monitor. How does the total fuel show zero but the left and right fuel sides show about 75%

I just haven't reset the totalizer...I'm fine just looking at individual tanks.

I've got the EFIS set up to give me a prompt every 30 minutes to switch tanks.

One more pic from the "drop off" trip, with Keith's friend in front of the blue & white RV. Art Craft does wonderful work for a very competitive price.

View attachment 62079

Nice! I’ll be there next Tuesday for an oil change!

Here is one from a few weeks ago flying up to Oakland. Spectacular area just south east of the Oakland area.
EA90CFC1-BE44-4355-BC22-613106AC821D.jpeg

Fantastic shot, Rudy. :)

I was struck at how green the hills were near Santa Maria.

Being a recent transplant to CA, I'm still amazed by the beauty and diversity of what you see when you are flying around here. It was surreally beautiful when I took that picture and I totally didn't expect to see something like that. In the midwest, gorgeous scenery just doesn't sneak up on you like that...

KGXY. Not much else to take a photo of other than the airplane but the feedlot smell has started and happens right at the missed approach point of the RNAV to 28. :)

ae9c1b5e56cbfa48a7e457bbbadee4ff.jpg

Went to a Mojave fly-in yesterday. Our flight of three turned into a flight of two and a straggler, and with about five other aircraft in about a
two-mile radius, the controller was none too happy. Earlier, pilots had to circle outside the airspace for 10 minutes before they could get a radio call in edgewise. Good turn-out, I'd say in excess of 100 planes. Here's a beautiful F-86 on display. Lots o' windmills in the distance, and a T-28 behind.

Bumpy over the San Gabriels on the way back...got put into the washing machine!

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

A few pics from flying over the past couple of weeks. Water pics are from St. Simon's Island on the GA coast for my Southern Soul BBQ trip. Panel is on the way to St Simon's. Plane is the club plane. Other is flying between layers on a local IFR flight.

v749Z81.jpg

RPxfEh1.jpg

f3oFlO4.jpg

bkKUJSX.jpg

GZqjbc2.jpg

8uUqfaY.jpg

A few pics from flying over the past couple of weeks. Water pics are from St. Simon's Island on the GA coast for my Southern Soul BBQ trip. Panel is on the way to St Simon's. Plane is the club plane. Other is flying between layers on a local IFR flight.
I don’t normally pick nits, but I feel the need to point something out. Never leave the tow bar attached to the airplane unattended. It’s a bad habit that could cost you an engine tear down and/or an overhaul one day if you forget about it.

Nice pics!

Last edited:
I don’t normally pick nits, but I just wanted to say as a habit to get into and something to think about; never leave the tow bar attached to the airplane unattended. It could cost you an engine tear down and overhaul one day if you forget about it.

Nice pics!

Well it's just standard how they leave it there. It was that way when I joined. You have to pull it out of the hangar with it, so everybody that flies it just leaves it there after the flight after pushing it back into the hangar. When I pull the plane out I immediately detach it and put it in the hangar as SOP.

Well it's just standard how they leave it there. It was that way when I joined. You have to pull it out of the hangar with it, so everybody that flies it just leaves it there after the flight after pushing it back into the hangar. When I pull the plane out I immediately detach it and put it in the hangar as SOP.
Understandable. Just one of those things I noticed, that’s important to think about. Even though the damage would likely be minimal, compared to a running engine, it could still be costly if the tow bar was forgotten due to any given circumstance.

Again, not trying to pick a nit. :)

Understandable. Just one of those things I noticed, that’s important to think about. Even though the damage would likely be minimal, compared to a running engine, it could still be costly if the tow bar was forgotten due to any given circumstance.

Again, not trying to pick a nit. :)

Appreciate it. :)

Man, that Cirrus jet is ugly, but at least it’s functional.

I attached a carabiner to my tow-bar. Whenever I use the tow bar, I’ve made it a mandatory practice to attach my keys to it. That way (hopefully) my chance of error is reduced.

I don’t normally pick nits, but I feel the need to point something out. Never leave the tow bar attached to the airplane unattended. It’s a bad habit that could cost you an engine tear down and/or an overhaul one day if you forget about it.

IMO, nothing wrong with leaving it on, IF the plane is in the hangar. I always leave mine on in the hangar, but remove it immediately once the plane is outside.

IMO, nothing wrong with leaving it on, IF the plane is in the hangar. I always leave mine on in the hangar, but remove it immediately once the plane is outside.
Well it’s just that one time where you get sidetracked for whatever reason and forget it’s there. If you have a system in place that works for you, than keep it up!

Ok when I click to add an image, it asks for image url. Are you guys all uploading your pics to some website first to post them or am I just missing something?

Ok when I click to add an image, it asks for image url. Are you guys all uploading your pics to some website first to post them or am I just missing something?
Click 'Upload a File' not 'Image'.

Heh. I’m trying to guess. Steep turn or a clearing turn... eights on pylons... couple of Chandelles with some long oblong track in-between...

That’s quite the squiggle you’ve got there. :)

When I finally let go of the yoke it felt like I hat arthritis in my left hand. lol.

Back