Shortest Landing You Will See Today

Does he need a PPL(H) for that?

I landed my Husky in a 35knot headwind. It must have looked like that. I had full flaps down like that. My Husky stalls at 40 knots true at this altitude and temperature. (Its 40MPH INDICATED). Oh, BTW it wasnt too hard. Thats all folks!!!

*Sigh* I've never done anything cool* in my airplane.

* meaning: observers walk away saying stuff like, "Wow, that dude has some mad skills."

Funny..!!!!

I haven't hover landed a plane, but I have had some 1 or 2 foot rollout landings in a C-207 due to the wind.
How about the opposite way? Nothing like a 6,000 roll-out on a downwind, downhill landing...

I never thought about trying that...:rofl::rofl::rofl:
It gets ya to parking quick. I watched a guy depart uphill and downwind at the same airport. Bring yer spurs if'n yer gonna fly in Wyoming.

*Sigh* I've never done anything cool* in my airplane.

* meaning: observers walk away saying stuff like, "Wow, that dude has some mad skills."
I'll settle for pax walk away.

For you guys who aspire to STOL ops, how many notches of flaps were used on that takeoff. The answer? All of them. Gotta love horsepower!

Different day. Winds at 20mph. I have equally impressive videos with no wind but I can’t share them with non-friends (Facebook, not me).

Wow.

So question - if you can take off in what, 6ft?, in that wind - how does a gust not just blow that plane over while it was parked?

Back