New grounds access rules before the show

mcdewey

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
I got this notice about new grounds access rules. I can see why they did it, but getting from front ticket area to the flight line will require walking around outside the fence.

It's only applicable for the 4 days prior to show opening.
If you are not a volunteer how early do you arrive at OSH?

Heck I am a volunteer and I don't own how I'm going to access show grounds.

It's only applicable for the 4 days prior to show opening.
If you are not a volunteer how early do you arrive at OSH?

Early Sunday. Just thought it would be of interest to some folks since it's different than previous years. I found it useful to look and scope out what I wanted to see before the show started. But there's plenty of other stuff to do. Cheese curds, beer, etc. :D

Heck I am a volunteer and I don't own how I'm going to access show grounds.

Wear an EAA ball cap, carry a clipboard, look officious and make sure you walk with a purposeful stride as you pass the volunteer sentry. Works every time.

Wear an EAA ball cap, carry a clipboard, look officious and make sure you walk with a purposeful stride as you pass the volunteer sentry. Works every time.
Be sure to wear one of those orange traffic vests too.

These orange vests?

10600658_10202509894539640_1419903169892927428_n.jpg

Great picture of Cam and, I assume, you! I'm sure having on that orange vest will get you into most anywhere.

Yep, that's me. Cam (Orange One) and I at the volunteer wind down party a couple of years back. The vest is what I got when I googled "orange vest." It came with a pocket square and the bowtie so I wore those, too. One of these days I'm going to find an orange top hat to match.

Back