Lunch - What'd You Have?

The busy flight instructor’s lunch of choice! LOL. I think one of my CFIs lives on those things. He keeps a case of them in his airport office. :)

Yup. That's where I was, the airport. ;)

View attachment 61991
Ahi tuna salad at the burger place. I aks the Burger Girl to cook it rare, she did well. That is Thousand Island dressing, so I was going for some type of tuna Louie salad. It was pretty good.
For a fast food chain, I must say, that looks like a pretty top notch salad. I’d probably have to get the tuna cooked a bit longer for my liking though.

For a fast food chain, I must say, that looks like a pretty top notch salad. I’d probably have to get the tuna cooked a bit longer for my liking though.

The default is fully cooked on the outside. But yes, hands down that is my favorite fast food restaurant. Tri tip and chicken can also be had as a salad topping (or in a sandwich.) I eat there a good five times a week.

I added a Jersey Mike’s sub to my belly for dinner since it’s near the office and I have to work late.

Lunch the other day . . . . .

20180404_061641.jpg
20180404_061644.jpg
20180404_061638.jpg
Ok, so there were three of us eating together.
20180404_061834.jpg
Yes, this was lunch. But I missed the soup, too slow with my phone.

BBQ for the second time since last Wednesday. Fox Bros BBQ in Atlanta. Generally mentioned in anybody's national list of BBQ joints. This was a new item, a brisket 'french dip' with fried onions and jalapeño mayo. It was really good.

2qsm6Cf.jpg

Grey brisket with pink fat? It's rendered nicely but they missed the mark on the meat. The right chemistry gives the pink fat. Neglect gives the grey meat.

Grey brisket with pink fat? It's rendered nicely but they missed the mark on the meat. The right chemistry gives the pink fat. Neglect gives the grey meat.

Yeah, I noticed the pic looked a little grey. Can't remember if it actually looked like that. Normally it looks better. But it sure did taste good!

My wife noticed the pulled pork she had was a little dryer than normal too.

Awful House. Texas Bacon Philly Cheesesteak with double hash browns. Supposed to be on Texas toast but they were out. :D

hMdiWQe.jpg

Chicken Cobb Salad and beer at Twin Peaks for dinner tonight.

Sorry no pics of the food

or the wait staff.

Didn’t have lunch. Ha. No post today.

I had a breakfast burrito and a couple chicken tacos for dinner.

But 3 hours after I eat, you're getting to eat, which makes me wish I was on the west coast so I could now be eating instead of having already eaten 3 hours ago. :D

There is that, but we now have an agonizingly long wait for dinner time.

You people on the east coast are lucky. You get to eat lunch three hours early.

But 3 hours after I eat, you're getting to eat, which makes me wish I was on the west coast so I could now be eating instead of having already eaten 3 hours ago. :D

Obviously what we have here is two sufferers of first world time zone problems which are modern developments of industrial disease. The equally obvious cure is relocation to the tribal regions of Pakistan or perhaps the headwaters of the Amazon river. That is all.

Obviously what we have here is two sufferers of first world time zone problems which are modern developments of industrial disease. The equally obvious cure is relocation to the tribal regions of Pakistan or perhaps the headwaters of the Amazon river. That is all.

Or, never pass up an opportunity to eat. My feedings are not to regulated by a clock.

This is the codfish salad at the fish and chips place I tried out for lunch today:
IMG_3906.JPG

This is the same salad with salmon fish:
IMG_3907.JPG

You will not be served with either one of those plates in the tribal regions of Pakistan or the headwaters of the Amazon.
That is all.

Okay, the salmon looks tasty. The cod looks like it is from last week (at least in the picture - prolly looked better in person).

The salmon fish was pretty tasty although just slightly overcooked. The cod fish was actually pretty decent, although I could have used a little more. No I didn't eat both plates. The cod fish was mine, and I tried a piece of the salmon fish.

What was off here was the fruit in the salad. If I wanted a fruit salad I'd order a fruit salad. I do not eat fruit salad. I do not even like fruit. It's too fruity.

Caribou shank meat vacuum bagged in retort bags and pressure canned. Friggin’ awesome!!! Oh, I had it on a kale salad. Yum!

And actually I went with “rotisserie style” chicken at Subway.

Tasted like cardboard. Got plenty of veggies on it though.

After looking at some of the pictures I am reasonably sure I will see some of you guys in the waiting room of my cardiologist....:lol::lol:

Back