TSA CLEARANCE FOR ALIEN PILOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied asylum because I could not find someone that could be my sponsor.
I applied to the Airline with my employment authorization card.
the asylum is my process, no my work process

So you're applying for asylum, please tell us how your life is in jeopardy and who wants to kill you, or are your just trying to take advantage of my countries laws?

Yes, I know.... Sky West Airline... they hired me... but I am stuck after finished my ground school

I won't be flying Skywest again.

Last edited:
So you're applying for asylum, please tell us how your life is in jeopardy and who wants to kill you, or are your just trying to take advantage of my countries laws?

I won't be flying Skywest again.

I am sure there is more to it than mentioned. U cannot just ask for asylum and get it, nor would you ever get a work authorization card without a solid reason on a B1/B2 visa

I am sure there is more to it than mentioned. U cannot just ask for asylum and get it, nor would you ever get a work authorization card without a solid reason on a B1/B2 visa

Perhaps why he didn't get asylum :idea:

No matter how one spins it, he's coming to this country to fill a job where we have Z E R O shortage of qualified people, this is a regional trying to abuse the system to circumvent proper supply and demand for American ATPs.

He came here as a VISITOR ...to get a job, now he's seeking "asylum"? There isn't one grain on honor in this entire scheme he and Skywest are trying to play off on the working pilots of the US.

"Any alien who seeks to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor is inadmissible"
https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-2006.html

"You cannot seek for employment while you are in US on B1/B2. If you get job offer, then US employer has to file Petition first for you. Only with approved petition, you can apply Temporary Workers visa at US Embassy in your home country. However, you can have the company apply for a change of status and become an H1B"
https://travel.stackexchange.com/qu...the-us-while-on-a-b1-b2-business-visitor-visa

Fuether more to be a FAA ATP you need to be of good moral character, I'd wager entering the country under false pretenses, or gaming a asylum visa isn't exactly a example of that.

If you are of good moral character discuss the matter with ICE.

Last edited:

No matter how one spins it, he's coming to this country to fill a job where we have Z E R O shortage of qualified people, this is a regional trying to abuse the system to circumvent proper supply and demand for American ATPs.

He came here as a VISITOR ...to get a job, now he's seeing asylum? There isn't one grain on honor in this entire scheme he and Skywest are trying to play off on the working pilots of the US.

Well I really don’t know the details any more than what’s posted here, but he said he already have a work authorization card, which is not what u can just apply and get in visitor visa, on the other hand if he is on a refugee status, DHS cake make it happen, at which point the Visa is pointless.

about the pilot shortage or the lack there of, no idea, all I read is how delta cannot get a direct flight from Fargo to Seattle, because there is a pilot shortage. I am sure there is more to that story

Well I really don’t know the details any more than what’s posted here, but he said he already have a work authorization card, which is not what u can just apply and get in visitor visa, on the other hand if he is on a refugee status, DHS cake make it happen, at which point the Visa is pointless.

about the pilot shortage or the lack there of, no idea, all I read is how delta cannot get a direct flight from Fargo to Seattle, because there is a pilot shortage. I am sure there is more to that story

We have a larger pilot population and fight training infrastructure compared to any other country known to man.

It's a pay shortage.

Washington has outlawed that flight in order to reduce the influx of migrants from NoDak.

Washington has outlawed that flight in order to reduce the influx of migrants from NoDak.

Nodak should do that. Every week there is a new apartment complex here and they are filled. And I thought this place is damn cold

What is the end date of the visa? That visa with your end date is your legal document to be here. A social security card and employment authorization mean nothing.

That is irrelevant at this point. Once one overstays thier visa. It is by default cancelled. By claiming asylum, he has no valid documents from any other country according to the government. If and when his asylum is granted, he will then become a legal permanent resident (greencard), Then depending on what country he claimed asylum whether or not they will issue him a passport of that country. It is years long process.

The real kicker is when people claim asylum, get the green
Card and travel back to the country they claimed asylum from for vacation.

That is irrelevant at this point. Once one overstays thier visa. It is by default cancelled. By claiming asylum, he has no valid documents from any other country according to the government. If and when his asylum is granted, he will then become a legal permanent resident (greencard), Then depending on what country he claimed asylum whether or not they will issue him a passport of that country. It is years long process.

Visa is not cancelled. Next time u are in the port of entry, you have to explain why you overstayed and then it up to USCIS officer whether to let u enter or not. Only a consulate can cancel the visa

But he hasn't overstayed his visa, which he said is good until 2025. He also has a work authorization card. I think right now his problem is dealing with the bureaucracy that is the TSA. That and dealing with people who have the "I got mine, now you stay out" attitude.

But the way, visa validity has nothing to do with how long u can stay in the country, as long as I have authorization from USCIS; u can stay here legally with an expired Visa. If u leave
, u need a new visa to enter unless you have another document which is ironically called advanced parole

But he hasn't overstayed his visa, which he said is good until 2025. He also has a work authorization card. I think right now his problem is dealing with the bureaucracy that is the TSA. That and dealing with people who have the "I got mine, now you stay out" attitude.

A visa is issued for 10 years. A visitor under B1/B2 is admitted for a period of 6 months. They need to leave on or before the date they were admitted to when they arrived. No one is admitted for 10 years as a visitor. Once they stay longer than the time admitted, they are an overstay. If someone overstays and comes back, they get denied entry and sent home, even if the visa itself is valid for another 5 years.

He came here as a VISITOR ...to get a job, now he's seeking "asylum"? There isn't one grain on honor in this entire scheme he and Skywest are trying to play off on the working pilots of the US.

"Any alien who seeks to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor is inadmissible"
https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-2006.html

"You cannot seek for employment while you are in US on B1/B2. If you get job offer, then US employer has to file Petition first for you. Only with approved petition, you can apply Temporary Workers visa at US Embassy in your home country. However, you can have the company apply for a change of status and become an H1B"
https://travel.stackexchange.com/qu...the-us-while-on-a-b1-b2-business-visitor-visa

Fuether more to be a FAA ATP you need to be of good moral character, I'd wager entering the country under false pretenses, or gaming a asylum visa isn't exactly a example of that.

If you are of good moral character discuss the matter with ICE.

Don’t think u understand the process. OP said he has a work authorization document and a SSN card without restriction, which means DHS has already authorized him to work. His Visa status has no bearing if he is on a refugee status.

Visa is not cancelled. Next time u are in the port of entry, you have to explain why you overstayed and then it up to USCIS officer whether to let u enter or not. Only a consulate can cancel the visa

I work for CBP who is at the port of entry. If you overstay without getting an extension from USCIS, you cancelled out your visa, it is invalid.

Oh, look, shiny airplanes..... (wanders off to more productive threads)

A visa is issued for 10 years. A visitor under B1/B2 is admitted for a period of 6 months. They need to leave on or before the date they were admitted to when they arrived. No one is admitted for 10 years as a visitor. Once they stay longer than the time admitted, they are an overstay. If someone overstays and comes back, they get denied entry and sent home, even if the visa itself is valid for another 5 years.

B1/B2 can be extended for another 5 months without leaving the country. But that’s not the point here. He has work authorization, this is not a normal visitor visa scenario

I work for CBP who is at the port of entry. If you overstay without getting an extension from USCIS, you cancelled out your visa, it is invalid.

Didn’t know that. Thanks.

B1/B2 can be extended for another 5 months without leaving the country. But that’s not the point here. He has work authorization, this is not a normal visitor visa scenario

He has authorization to work, but TSA who are sticklers for who they give training permission to can deny. Also depending on what country he is from can have an impact on thier decisions. A lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes.

Correct! Extension of status. Change of status, or adjustment of status. Claiming asylum is different because you have to go before an immigration judge to be approved.

And ultimately he's undercutting all the American pilots who are qualified for the job.

This isn't why I pay an enormous amount in tax, to let any Tom Dick or Jose into MY country to UNDERCUT American pilots

We have more able bodied pilots than any other country, there are zero reason to give visas to foreign pilots.

He has authorization to work, but TSA who are sticklers for who they give training permission to can deny. Also depending on what country he is from can have an impact on thier decisions. A lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes.

Yup, it will be interesting to know what document TSA wants, if the OP ever comes back that is.

I have a feeling this thread will get locked soon enough

Best of luck OP, and I hope this thread doesn't put you off posting here in future. You mentioned that your immigration attorney couldn't help because it's not an immigration issue. What you've found here is that most people here can't help because it is kind of an immigration issue, and no one here has been through the same experience as you before. Just keep trying to get in touch with TSA and see if someone will talk to you. And let us know how it works out.

Best of luck OP, and I hope this thread doesn't put you off posting here in future. You mentioned that your immigration attorney couldn't help because it's not an immigration issue. What you've found here is that most people here can't help because it is kind of an immigration issue, and no one here has been through the same experience as you before. Just keep trying to get in touch with TSA and see if someone will talk to you. And let us know how it works out.

Actually as a working pilot in the United States of America, and as a US born citizen, I hope this post makes you rethink your shady scheme to steal a job in my country.

And ultimately he's undercutting all the American pilots who are qualified for the job.

This isn't why I pay an enormous amount in tax, to let any Tom Dick or Jose into MY country to UNDERCUT American pilots

We have more able bodied pilots than any other country, there are zero reason to give visas to foreign pilots.

Sorry to point this out but your post is condescending to the very core values of this country. That, somebody had to say it.

Sorry to point this out but your post is condescending to the very core values of this country. That, somebody had to say it.

But legit, no, America is America and only has to account to Americans, this country is America and its core is American citizens, full stop.

But legit, no, America is America and only has to account to Americans, this country is America and its core is American citizens, full stop.

And what exactly did U do to become a citizen? Rolled with the punches rt?

Closed pending MC review.

Edit: The MC has discussed this thread and it will remain closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back