Check your Arrows...

ktup-flyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ktup-flyer
Saw this on facebook via David White and downloaded it. I'm interested to see what the FAA does about it.

Uh, I’ve never flown an Arrow, but that doesn’t look normal. It can’t be common or it seems like they would continue coming from together at the wing root.

I wonder how long he flew that thing before doing this after the crash report

It’s brokeded but it hasn’t come from together yet.

Yeah but he said the other one is not doing the same thing. I would think they’d just rig a quasi Fly Baby wing strut and you’re good.

It’s the rare “adjustable wingspan” speed mod STC...gear comes up, wingtips come in...

WEB217040-lrg.jpg

Zip ties and duct tape ,should hold it for awhile.

Yowza.
Might want to have a word with whoever signed that last annual off.

Piper pilots only check the right wing, as you saw in the video. It's too far to walk around to the side opposite the only door.

Me thinks maybe a wing attach bolt is sheared?
The fore and aft attachment points are weakest on the fuselage side of things. It’s a narrow formed aluminum channel piece that fails in tension when the wing is pulled/pushed forward or aft. The forward piece is just in front of the seat rails and has a plastic cover.

Reminds me of the flaps on the C-150s I trained in.

I'm assuming the weight of the fuselage is supported by blocks or something, because the weight on the landing gear would cause the attach point to bind. My guess is they were in the process of removing the wing and filmed the clip to mess with people.

So this is why high wings are better?

Saw this on facebook via David White and downloaded it. I'm interested to see what the FAA does about it.

Ha! I'll used this video for the preflight brief next week. Checking a guy out in the flight school's Arrow. :rofl:

I'm assuming the weight of the fuselage is supported by blocks or something, because the weight on the landing gear would cause the attach point to bind. My guess is they were in the process of removing the wing and filmed the clip to mess with people.

Captain Obvious! Thank you.....simplest explanation, but the comments have been fun!

Yes, and I consider this to be very irresponsible, if not fraudulent.

Back