TSA CLEARANCE FOR ALIEN PILOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabali74

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
J
Hello pilots... I am trying to obtain my TSA CLEARANCE for SIM. But I think that I did something wrong. Maybe you can help me.
I am an Alien Pilot. I am not a Citizen for US. I am not a US Resident yet. I applied Asylum but I am waiting the approval. I already have my Work Authorization.
I already have my FAA ATP with BE300, CE500 and CE750 type rating.
I am with some regional airline and they have CRJ 200/700/900.
I already filled my application on the ALIEN FLIGHT STUDENT PROGRAM because I do not have an US passport. The TSA has not authorized me yet, neither has it denied me. But they do not answer my application.
They send me an email with this message:
"The training request you submitted to the Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP) was not processed due to incomplete or inaccurate information. The training request was not processed for the following reason(s): Additional documentation confirming legal presence is needed."

Some of you know what can I do?
Thanks for your help

here is the process:

* you need to be accepted as a student in a flight school first
* then fill up the form with all the info they need
* TSA will then confirm with the flight school and start reviewing your paperwork

from what you posted, i believe they are not convinced that you are legally here. do you have a visa with i-94 (or whatever they are calling it now) entry form?

I do not think that I need to go to the Flight School, because I already have my FAA licence... is an ATP Licence... but I made the request through the airline. In this case, the airline would be my school.
The TSA reviewed my paperwork, background and fingerprints.
When I applied asylum, I got my Employment Authorization Card... unrestricted...
I do not have a visa for work. It is not in my process.
That is the point... I do not have more document that confirm my legal presence her in US.

Hello pilots... I am trying to obtain my TSA CLEARANCE for SIM. But I think that I did something wrong. Maybe you can help me.
I am an Alien Pilot. I am not a Citizen for US. I am not a US Resident yet. I applied Asylum but I am waiting the approval. I already have my Work Authorization.
I already have my FAA ATP with BE300, CE500 and CE750 type rating.
I am with some regional airline and they have CRJ 200/700/900.
I already filled my application on the ALIEN FLIGHT STUDENT PROGRAM because I do not have an US passport. The TSA has not authorized me yet, neither has it denied me. But they do not answer my application.
They send me an email with this message:
"The training request you submitted to the Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP) was not processed due to incomplete or inaccurate information. The training request was not processed for the following reason(s): Additional documentation confirming legal presence is needed."

Some of you know what can I do?
Thanks for your help

Hooooollllllllldddddd up!

You got a job with a US regional????

You are not a US citizen and a regional, who for the most part don't want to pay a proper wage, hired you?

Which regional?

Last edited:
So you have ATP and have been hired by a regional yet you are trying to gain admittance to the USA via the alien flight student program. That makes no sense. Your employer should be working on the visa process with you. Call your HR department. Asylum has nothing to do with this.

Just wanted to say welcome to American bureaucracy. It lacks the precision of German bureaucracy, the manpower of British bureaucracy, and the corruption of Latin American bureauracracy, but it has a special hell of requiring paperwork or information that isn’t available anywhere for any price.

So you have ATP and have been hired by a regional yet you are trying to gain admittance to the USA via the alien flight student program. That makes no sense. Your employer should be working on the visa process with you. Call your HR department. Asylum has nothing to do with this.

Or the regional should be hiring American pilots.

We have more pilots than any other country, we have more flight training than any other country, we have zero shortage of qualified pilots compared to any other country.

As much as I'm not for big government, allowing cheap US regionals to hire outside of the US vs pay enough to attract American ATPs, what do I pay this government for?

Can't afford to hire American ATPs, guess you can't afford to do business in America, bye Felecia

Just wanted to say welcome to American bureaucracy. It lacks the precision of German bureaucracy, the manpower of British bureaucracy, and the corruption of Latin American bureauracracy, but it has a special hell of requiring paperwork or information that isn’t available anywhere for any price.
damn @Clark1961 you managed to hit 4 different ethnic stereotypes in one sentence. good for you sir! :eek::D

Hooooollllllllldddddd up!

You got a job with a US regional????

You are not a US citizen and a regional, who for the most part don't want to pay a proper wage, hired you?

Which regional?
Yes, I know.... Sky West Airline... they hired me... but I am stuck after finished my ground school

damn @Clark1961 you managed to hit 4 different ethnic stereotypes in one sentence. good for you sir! :eek::D
I’d agree that I nailed four stereotypes. Nothing ethnic about them since I’ve had to speak with folks of all ethnic backgrounds while dealing with the individual bureaucracies.

I applied asylum because I could not find someone that could be my sponsor.
I applied to the Airline with my employment authorization card.
the asylum is my process, no my work process

Or the regional should be hiring American pilots.

We have more pilots than any other country, we have more flight training than any other country, we have zero shortage of qualified pilots compared to any other country.

As much as I'm not for big government, allowing cheap US regionals to hire outside of the US vs pay enough to attract American ATPs, what do I pay this government for?

Can't afford to hire American ATPs, guess you can't afford to do business in America, bye Felecia

as much as i distance myself from your position of disdain for US servicemenbers, this post is 100% on point. btw, this scenario right here is what all yall would be dealing with if they crack cabotage laws. buckle up boys.

btw, lets not fan the false dichotomy here. if the poster in question is seeking assylum that has nothing to do with undercutting us citizen workers. his profile picture doesnt exactly look like he arrived from war torn Syria, so let's not conflate issues. we give foreign nationals way too easy a time to get faa licenses. its pathetic. no reciprocity either, at least in latin america. joke.

You are in a limbo right now. You say you just applied for asylum, which means you have no status in the United States. Even a bigger problem with this, most regionals want a passport for international travel, Mexico and Canada. So most of the regionals won’t hire you.

it is true... thanks

I do not think that I need to go to the Flight School, because I already have my FAA licence... is an ATP Licence... but I made the request through the airline. In this case, the airline would be my school.
The TSA reviewed my paperwork, background and fingerprints.
When I applied asylum, I got my Employment Authorization Card... unrestricted...
I do not have a visa for work. It is not in my process.
That is the point... I do not have more document that confirm my legal presence her in US.
your case is a little diff then. your airline is your sponsor.

from this document - https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/f...sa alien flight student program_july 2014.pdf

Covered individuals who are unable to obtain a current and valid passport from their country of nationality because they are refugees, asylees, or holders of a temporary protected status must submit one or more of the following documents in lieu of a passport:
a refugee travel document, a permanent or conditional resident card, and/or document issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) indicating their status as lawfully present in the U.S . and the expiration of such status

i would also recommend calling them up and talk to someone in the ASFP office.

as much as i distance myself from your position of disdain for US servicemenbers, this post is 100% on point. btw, this scenario right here is what all yall would be dealing with if they crack cabotage laws. buckle up boys.

btw, lets not fan the false dichotomy here. if the poster in question is seeking assylum that has nothing to do with undercutting us citizen workers. his profile picture doesnt exactly look like he arrived from war torn Syria, so let's not conflate issues. we give foreign nationals way too easy a time to get faa licenses. its pathetic. no reciprocity either, at least in latin america. joke.
I have my FAA license since 2008 and arrive in the US in 2016

Yes, I know.... Sky West Airline... they hired me... but I am stuck after finished my ground school
It seems as if SkyWest hired you and put you through ground school, they should be helping you. Have you contacted their HR department?

Asylum doesnt require a visa AFAIK

You are in a limbo right now. You say you just applied for asylum, which means you have no status in the United States. Even a bigger problem with this, most regionals want a passport for international travel, Mexico and Canada. So most of the regionals won’t hire you.
I know that I do not have Status... but I have Employment Authorization... they hired me with my condition of not leaving the country

your case is a little diff then. your airline is your sponsor.

from this document - https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/privacy_pia_tsa alien flight student program_july 2014.pdf

Covered individuals who are unable to obtain a current and valid passport from their country of nationality because they are refugees, asylees, or holders of a temporary protected status must submit one or more of the following documents in lieu of a passport:
a refugee travel document, a permanent or conditional resident card, and/or document issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) indicating their status as lawfully present in the U.S . and the expiration of such status

i would also recommend calling them up and talk to someone in the ASFP office.
NO, the airline is not my sponsor... they only hired me like a pilot, because I have FAA ATP licence and Employment authorization card... they have nothing to do with my immigration process

NO, the airline is not my sponsor... they only hired me like a pilot, because I have FAA ATP licence and Employment authorization card... they have nothing to do with my immigration process

do you have any of these documents?

refugee travel document, a permanent or conditional resident card, and/or document issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) indicating their status as lawfully present in the U.S . and the expiration of such status

yes I have... and I already send those documents to the TSA... but they said the same thing all time

What you are lacking is documentation of your legal right to be in the country. If you don't have it, then you are an illegal alien and subject to deportation.

What is your visa status? Merely requesting asylum does not authorize entry, you also need the entry document.

yes I have... and I already send those documents to the TSA... but they said the same thing all time
i would just call them up and ask... what else do you want? or get an immigration attorney, preferably who knows this Alien flight program thing

What you are lacking is documentation of your legal right to be in the country. If you don't have it, then you are an illegal alien and subject to deportation.

What is your visa status? Merely requesting asylum does not authorize entry, you also need the entry document.
I arrived with my B1-B2 Visa then I request my asylum inside US... Right now my legal document is my social security and employment authorization

I arrived with my B1-B2 Visa then I request my asylum inside US... Right now my legal document is my social security and employment authorization
well then you have everything you need .... call em up and ask what exact document they are looking for. if you have B1/B2 and a valid entry stamp, that proves you are here legally. B1/B2 is essentially visitor visa, but since you have work Authorization, that shouldnt matter.

i would just call them up and ask... what else do you want? or get an immigration attorney, preferably who knows this Alien flight program thing
I am working with some people that know the process because they worked at a Flight School... but I wished ask you, may be some of you knew exactly what I would have to do

What is the end date of the visa? That visa with your end date is your legal document to be here. A social security card and employment authorization mean nothing.

well then you have everything you need .... call em up and ask what exact document they are looking for. if you have B1/B2 and a valid entry stamp, that proves you are here legally. B1/B2 is essentially visitor visa, but since you have work Authorization, that shouldnt matter.
that is exactly that I think... I am working on that.

What is the end date of the visa? That visa with your end date is your legal document to be here. A social security card and employment authorization mean nothing.
Jul 2025... but I don't need it... because I can not go outside US until I have my asylum approval, and after that I will get my green card... I do not need any more that visa

That visa with your end date is your legal document to be here.
Contrary to popular belief, a Visa (any type) is NOT an entry document. It gives you approval to come and show up at a port of entry. so if you have a US Visa from 2010 to 2020, all it says is you can show up at a US port of entry during that time and airline would allow you to board. the USCIS officer at the port of entry decides if you can enter US AND how long you are allowed to stay inside via a stamp on your passport. they can send you back from the port of entry if they want / require/decide. having a visa doesnt guarantee entry to any country.

so the only legal document to be here is the stamp (i think they discontinue the I-94 card a while back) that shows how long you are allowed to stay in US

As I continue reading this thread, I'm thinking the OP is related to the entity who is associated with a bridge, 3 copies of Capra aegagrus hircus, and the adjective "gruff"

As I continue reading this thread, I'm thinking the OP is related to the entity who is associated with a bridge, 3 copies of Capra aegagrus hircus, and the adjective "gruff"
decipher on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back