And now it's Delta's turn.

Sounds like they just need to add more engines, 12 might be enough.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-08577%2C_Flugschiff_Dornier_Do_X_mit_Passagieren.jpg

I’m supposed to fly American to Dallas on Monday. It’ll likely be their turn by then.

Maybe I’ll walk...

I’m supposed to fly American to Dallas on Monday. It’ll likely be their turn by then.

Maybe I’ll walk...
That’s a coincidence. I’m also flying to Dallas on Monday, but I’m on United.

I fly delta tomorrow, a 737-800 and a CRJ200.

I heard that the Southwest incident was the first fatality on an American carrier since 2009, and the first in the history of Southwest... no matter how you cut it, that's pretty impressive, doncha think?

Maybe I’ll walk...
AA had that uncontained failure and fire at ORD last year...
https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/us/ohare-aircraft-incident/index.html

As for walking, I remember talking to some FAA folks at a tower not to be named. One got his orders to go to Kansas City for recurrent training - he walked to the phone and booked Amtrak. "I know too much about the system to fly anywhere".

I remember talking to some FRA folks one time. They were traveling to another location for an inspection. One picked up the phone and booked an airline ticket. He said “I know too much about the system to travel by rail”

/sarcasm

I haven't been on a commercial flight since the 1986 or '87 not sure, exactly.
Don't plan on breaking that particular streak any time soon.

If you watch 60 Minutes it's an every day occurrence for a certain airline.

Soooooo .... is the captain also a Top Gun Navy pilot who will be lauded as a national hero? I did not see that in the article.
If not, what are the criteria? Navy training? Airline name? Number of fatalities? Boobs?

Back