The Eagles Tonight!

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
Tonight, in Birmingham, going to the Eagles concert in a few hours. Wish Glen Frey was still alive & Don Felder was still playing with them. Yee haw!

Line up in the 70s

IMG_3603.JPG

With Glen's son and Vince Gill, players for tonight.

IMG_3604.JPG

Last edited:
I'd love to hear Vince sing 7 Bridges Road. That guy's gotta voice that will make you cry. This song especially is a real tear jerker... :sad:

The Eagles version was a cover also. It was written and first performed by Steve Young in '69

The Eagles are just middle of the road in my book.

Gotta give props to Steve Young for writing a great song, but the Eagles version is better in my opinion. Same goes for Joe Cocker singing the Beatle's song "With a little help from my friends". One of the best songs ever!

I/We (SWMBO and I) love the Eagles. They provided much of the musical accompaniment for our growing up years.

But, I tell her there is no longer a band true to the Eagles. Basically, you have one original member and a cover band. When Henley goes, I guess Timothy B or Joe Walsh will take over the franchise and continue making money, but it hasn't been the same since Leadon, Meisner, and Felder left.

FYI, they did a "History of the Eagles" tour a couple of years ago where they brought Leadon back and wanted to get Meisner, but he was sick. That was a really good performance, with 3 of the original members on stage at the same time.

Gotta give props to Steve Young for writing a great song, but the Eagles version is better in my opinion. Same goes for Joe Cocker singing the Beatle's song "With a little help from my friends". One of the best songs ever!
I won't argue that but it's still a cover. I also agree completely that Joe's version of "help from my friends" is great...far better than the Beatles.

Last edited:
I love the Eagles and I'm betting Frey's son sounds just like him. Will probably go see them when they get around here, I saw them last time they were around here. Will have to buy scalped tix though. Let us know how it is.

The Eagles version was a cover also. It was written and first performed by Steve Young in '69

That’s cool. I never had figured out who wrote that.

I believe the only album release of SBR by the Eagles is the live recording. AFAIK they never did a studio version.

Agreed Tim. That Steve Young album is one of the most overlooked albums, just look at the awesome players on it in the liner notes. Rock Salt & Nails is a killer song. Lots of awesome versions of that around, especially bluegrass ones. Or this one

I love the Eagles and I'm betting Frey's son sounds just like him. Will probably go see them when they get around here, I saw them last time they were around here. Will have to buy scalped tix though. Let us know how it is.

Glenn's son was amazing, beautiful voice and on one song he got down on his geetar. With his long hair he looks almost exactly like his Dad when he was younger. 25 and has a gig playing with The Eagles! When Henley introduced Deacon he said "I don't even remember 25!"

They played 2 1/2 hours, as Henley said, "because we can". The backdrop and lighting were amazing, acoustics weren't bad for the arena, and they had a 4-5 person string section and 4-5 horn section. At one time there were 7 guitars playing, including bass guitar. There was a young man on 3-4 songs that played rhythm that no one knows who he was was. Henley introduced the players who we didn't know but said said nothing about this guy.

I feel Joe Walsh stole the show though. Holy macaroni but that boy can play, all over the fret board. @OkieFlyer & @OkieFlyer your state was represented very well by Vince Gill, another player who knows his way around the fret board, and a beautiful voice. Henley hasn't lost his voice after 46 years of singing, and played about half the show on drums when he wasn't out front with an acoustic guitar.

Great show, catch it if you can.
https://eagles.com/events

Last edited:
Tonight, in Birmingham, going to the Eagles concert in a few hours. Wish Glen Frey was still alive & Don Felder was still playing with them. Yee haw!

Line up in the 70s

View attachment 62100

With Glen's son and Vince Gill, players for tonight.

View attachment 62101
I met Vince Gill when he played a venue in my (work) town...nice guy. I like how he played each of his songs during his concert on a different guitar.

Glenn's son was amazing, beautiful voice and on one song he got down on his geetar. With his long hair he looks almost exactly like his Dad when he was younger. 25 and has a gig playing with The Eagles! When Henley introduced Deacon he said "I don't even remember 25!"

They played 2 1/2 hours, as Henley said, "because we can". The backdrop and lighting were amazing, acoustics weren't bad for the arena, and they had a 4-5 person string section and 4-5 horn section. At one time there were 7 guitars playing, including bass guitar. There was a young man on 3-4 songs that played rhythm that no one knows who he was was. Henley introduced the players who we didn't know but said said nothing about this guy.

I feel Joe Walsh stole the show though. Holy macaroni but that boy can play, all over the fret board. @OkieFlyer & @OkieFlyer your state was represented very well by Vince Gill, another player who knows his way around the fret board, and a beautiful voice. Henley hasn't lost his voice after 46 years of singing, and played about half the show on drums when he wasn't out front with an acoustic guitar.

Great show, catch it if you can.

Yeah, ol' Vince is known for his lovie dovie country songs. I don't think many people realize that he can shred with the best of 'em. I'd love to see the Eagles, but they sure are expensive.

Yeah, ol' Vince is known for his lovie dovie country songs. I don't think many people realize that he can shred with the best of 'em. I'd love to see the Eagles, but they sure are expensive.

Boy you ain't kidding. Fortunately my tickets were a Christmas present from my daughter and her husband. The four of us had a ball.

Last edited:
I love Joe Walsh, I always thought he was a burnout, but turns out the guy seems pretty smart. Did he play any of his songs?

He’s a really well respected guitar player.

I love Joe Walsh, I always thought he was a burnout, but turns out the guy seems pretty smart. Did he play any of his songs?

Yes he did, as did Vince Gill play one of his.

He has to be one of the best, I mean he smoked his guitar a couple times. Always liked his old band, James Gang, and have 2-3 vinyl albums from back in the 70s.

He sure is. If you want to hear some good guitar jamming watch this video of Walsh and and Gary Clark Jr doing "While My GuitarGently Weeps" (with David Grohl on drums) doing a Bealtes tribute at the Grammys with Paul and Ringo on the front row. Walsh is actually Ringo's brother-in-law. They're married to sisters Barbara and Majorie Bach.

I saw him live right after he left the James Gang about '72-'74 in a little venue in Atlanta called The Great Southest Music Hall.

How about Prince tearing it up!

Well Prince could tear it up. But this is a thread about The Eagles and it's members. lol.

Seriously though, not many realize actually how good a guitar player Prince was either. He could shred.

Vince can play. Mark Knopfler asked to join Dire Straits back in the day, but he turned him down to go solo.

Vince had a chance to show his guitar skill last night on a couple of songs, and he didn't disappoint. Another one is Kieth Urban.

He sure is. If you want to hear some good guitar jamming watch this video of Walsh and and Gary Clark Jr doing "While My GuitarGently Weeps" (with David Grohl on drums) doing a Bealtes tribute at the Grammys with Paul and Ringo on the front row. Walsh is actually Ringo's brother-in-law. They're married to sisters Barbara and Majorie Bach.

I saw him live right after he left the James Gang about '72-'74 in a little venue in Atlanta called The Great Southest Music Hall.

Dave Grohl is a freaking genius on drums.

The clip doesn’t mention who’s on bass, but they’re laying it down right in the groove with Dave too.

Good bassists get no love. :)

Dave Grohl is a freaking genius on drums.

The clip doesn’t mention who’s on bass, but they’re laying it down right in the groove with Dave too.

Good bassists get no love. :)

I was trying to figure out who it was. Steve Lukather of Toto and Peter Frampton were the guitarists for the house band in that show. Can't find the bass player though.

Found it @denverpilot

Don Edward Fagenson (born September 13, 1952), known as Don Was, is an American musician, record producer and record executive. Primarily a bass player, Was led the 1980s funk rock band Was (Not Was). In later years he produced songs and albums for a large number of popular recording artists. In 2012, he became president of jazz music label Blue Note Records.

Found it @denverpilot

Don Edward Fagenson (born September 13, 1952), known as Don Was, is an American musician, record producer and record executive. Primarily a bass player, Was led the 1980s funk rock band Was (Not Was). In later years he produced songs and albums for a large number of popular recording artists. In 2012, he became president of jazz music label Blue Note Records.

Oooh. Luthaker on guitar too... day-um they pulled out all the stops for that concert.

I’m totally hooked on this guy in Atlanta named Rick Beato’s “What Makes This Song Great” series on YT where he has studio masters of a whole bunch of songs and breaks down their recording and production as well as highlights the players on individual instruments.

There’s about 20 in the series now. His breakdown of Larry Carlton’s guitar lines in this one doing a Steely Dan song just warp my brain ... and he can usually play along perfectly with any of these guitarists.

His recent trip to an Atlanta guitar store just had me drooling. It starts off slow but OMG about halfway through when he starts talking to the staff and they start listing off the special guitars and show him a REALLY special one (you’ll just have to watch it... it’s ONLY $35,000... hahaha!) and the grin on his face...

I told Karen I was taking an undisclosed number of 10s of thousands of dollars and leaving for Atlanta after watching it. Ha. She said no. :)

I’m totally hooked on this guy in Atlanta named Rick Beato’s “What Makes This Song Great” series on YT where he has studio masters of a whole bunch of songs and breaks down their recording and production as well as highlights the players on individual instruments.

There’s about 20 in the series now. His breakdown of Larry Carlton’s guitar lines in this one doing a Steely Dan song just warp my brain ... and he can usually play along perfectly with any of these guitarists.

His recent trip to an Atlanta guitar store just had me drooling. It starts off slow but OMG about halfway through when he starts talking to the staff and they start listing off the special guitars and show him a REALLY special one (you’ll just have to watch it... it’s ONLY $35,000... hahaha!) and the grin on his face...

I told Karen I was taking an undisclosed number of 10s of thousands of dollars and leaving for Atlanta after watching it. Ha. She said no. :)

Great channel. I subscribed to it. Watched one on Van Halen.

I live in the Atlanta area and I've never heard of Righteous Guitars store. I'll have to check it out sometime.

I'd love to hear Vince sing 7 Bridges Road. That guy's gotta voice that will make you cry. This song especially is a real tear jerker... :sad:]

Lights came up and they were all standing there across the stage, singing Seven Bridges acapella to open the show. Amazing.

Last edited:
Great channel. I subscribed to it. Watched one on Van Halen.

I live in the Atlanta area and I've never heard of Righteous Guitars store. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Yeah so, called them up and I bought the '53 Les Paul, sorry Brian... :D

Back