Closed on my new plane!

joycem137

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Robin
We closed on my plane today! My first one!

You can see it here:

http://airmart.com/aircraft-for-sale/172/piper/n7008f-1977-piper-cherokee-6-300/n7008f

It should be in my hands in a few weeks once the ferry pilot is available to fly it from South Carolina to California.

Aaaah! I'm excited! I can't wait to learn to fly this thing and not have schedules to deal with! (I've been dealing with flight clubs that are booked out for the next several weeks for *years* now, and while it's been adequate for some flying, it's really limited my ability to spontaneously go places, stay overnight places, etc.)

Everyone was really helpful and fantastic. It was a great experience. The Airmart guys are really great.

Last edited:
Great! Are you able to go out and fly back with the ferry pilot? If so it could be a great experience, at least some of the trip.

Great! Are you able to go out and fly back with the ferry pilot? If so it could be a great experience, at least some of the trip.
Gosh, I'd love to, but I don't really have the time. :( . Work has been hellishly busy lately, and I just took a bunch of vacation.

Nice!
I hope all your flights are CAVU and with a nice tailwind to speed you on your way.

Congratulations... :cheers: Welcome to the world of aircraft ownership...:goofy:

Sweet Ride! Don’t worry for one second if you overpaid. There are people that think that lowest price = best value. I have purchased several airplanes personally and helped on a couple of others.

At the end of the day, there is a lot more than price. If I find the right plane with the right hours, equipment, easy transaction, etc. that is more important to me than lowest purchase price. When you sell, the market will have changed, maybe a little or maybe a lot. You might sell for more or way less. So what, if you got good use out of it and enjoyed having the access that comes with ownership, seems like a good deal to me. If it comes down to lowest cost/ don’t buy or rent, drive or take Delta.

Jim

I was little disappointed clicking on the link since it had the word 172 in it, I did click on it to realize u got the better half . CONGRATS

Looks like it'll take you and a number of your good friends wherever you all want to go. Spanky airplane. Second happiest day of an airplane owners life.

Congratulations! Looks like a beautiful bird!

You may be already aware, but don’t forget about California’s Use Tax on aircraft.

congrats...God Speed and many years of safe/happy times!

Don't just "learn how to fly it" Learn its moods, personality, and bad habits too...:D

Looks like it'll take you and a number of your good friends wherever you all want to go. Spanky airplane. Second happiest day of an airplane owners life.

Most happiest day is when it sells..??? :lol::lol:

First happiest, I presume, being the first time you fly your own airplane. Based on everything I see, not many owners are overjoyed to SELL their aircraft.

Beautiful plane! Congratulations!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

First happiest, I presume, being the first time you fly your own airplane. Based on everything I see, not many owners are overjoyed to SELL their aircraft.
Sorry, the happiest day of any airplane owner's life is when he or she finally manages to sell the old bird. Still, looks like a great airplane that will lead to loads of adventures.

Sorry, the happiest day of any airplane owner's life is when he or she finally manages to sell the old bird. Still, looks like a great airplane that will lead to loads of adventures.
BS. Just because YOU are unhappy with your decisions doesn't make that a universal truth for all aircraft owners.

BS. Just because YOU are unhappy with your decisions doesn't make that a universal truth for all aircraft owners.
Padwan, when sold your airplane you have understand you will. You are yet inexperience with the ways of the Force.

Padwan, when sold your airplane you have understand you will. You are yet inexperience with the ways of the Force.
My plane will be flying past 100 years old when I'm 75. I'll be taking the necessary steps to ensure that. If anyone is selling that plane it will be my children.

I figure when I sell, it’ll mean it’s airplane shopping time again. :)

I figure when I sell, it’ll mean it’s airplane shopping time again. :)

Yeah that's usually my problem too lol. Buying has been way easier than selling, at least for me. My goal is to make the next airplane last me 10-15 years before we re-assess the mission, probably around the time the kid goes off to college.

Looks great - just need another G5 in there for the HSI... guessing that will happen at some future annual.

Looks great - just need another G5 in there for the HSI... guessing that will happen at some future annual.

Before that, I think I want to look at getting a decent autopilot in there. It still has the original AutoControl IIIB thing. Dunno how well that works, but I hear it's not great.

Back