Need help finding sleep doctor in Colorado to review CPAP data for OSA SI

LoneAspen

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
LoneAspen
I recently moved back to Colorado and am now pursuing flight training, but I was diagnosed with OSA 4 years ago and am on CPAP therapy, and need help finding a sleep doctor to review my CPAP data and write a statement for the FAA for an OSA SI.

I've called several sleep medicine centers in the Denver area (and also Colorado Springs), and I'm being told their scheduling is several months out, sometimes as late as September and October, to get me in. That means I wouldn't even be able to solo until probably the first of next year, which means I might as well delay training if that's the case.

Does anybody know of a sleep doctor in Colorado anywhere along the front range that might be able to get me in as a new patient sooner?

I don't even need a new sleep study, as the CPAP therapy is working out great for me. I just need to get in to see a sleep doc to review my data and help write that statement for the FAA.

Thanks!

You may want to check with a couple of the AMEs that have handled non-simple medicals to see if they have any recommendations. Two that I know of are

John Harris - close to KAPA (303) 790-1999
Dr Harris is great for consultations. I used him before I went Basic Med.

Robert Sancetta - Boulder (303) 499-5228

Dr Sancetta stopped taking new patients for anything other than Class 1 but that was before Basic Med. He might be able to recommend someone for the sleep analysis.

Have you contacted the Sleep Center at National Jewish? 303.270.2708
https://www.nationaljewish.org/treatment-programs/directory/sleep-center

They may be able to put you in touch with someone sooner than a few months.

There are a couple of AMEs on this board who might be able to suggest someone, but it may mean a trip away from Colorado for a day or two. How bad do you want to solo?

@murphey Thanks for the info

I tried calling National Jewish, UC Health, and a couple others both in Denver and the Springs, and nobody could get me in for months.

After I made my post above, I happened to read @gkainz reply in a separate post, where he mentioned Lutheran. I hadn't tried them yet, so just called them, and they referred me to a pulmonary office where their sleep doctors work out of. I called them, and they were able to schedule me for early May :)

I didn't realize I'd have such a hard time finding an opening with a sleep doctor. I guess I got used to being able to go see my sleep doc in California whenever I needed to. Forgot what it's like to be a new patient behind everybody else in the queue.

Thanks!

I didn't realize I'd have such a hard time finding an opening with a sleep doctor. I guess I got used to being able to go see my sleep doc in California whenever I needed to. Forgot what it's like to be a new patient behind everybody else in the queue.

3 million more people here than a few years ago. Not a whole lot of new hospitals. Many that were built in the first wave of Californians in the 90s are now being expanded.

Lots of lucrative corner clinics, ERs, and pharmacies, though. Can’t throw a rock without hitting one of those.

You're not even going to need a sleep guy if your graphic (usage) report is good (> 6ours use on >75% of nights on the usage bar graph). A PCP can do this one if he is aware of the statements necessary....

You're not even going to need a sleep guy if your graphic (usage) report is good (> 6ours use on >75% of nights on the usage bar graph). A PCP can do this one if he is aware of the statements necessary....
The statement necessary is ‘no daytime sleepiness and no right heart failure’ or is there more needed?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back