F22 Belly Landing

Must have been out of annual. If you look closely you can see the pulses from the anti-lock brakes on the tarmac. (Yeah, tarmac.) Wonder how many people he had on board? I'm certain he was overloaded. Probably not registered, either.

From the article “In the Facebook photos, you can clearly see that the left engine is still pointed downward to assist in takeoff while the right engine is parallel to the rest of the aircraft”

Another fine example of modern journalism since a pitch down force in full blower would make for an interesting takeoff.:rolleyes:

Cheers

Is the left nozzle pointed down, or just closed? I don't Facebook, never have.

Why is a military accident documented on Facebook anyway???

Is the left nozzle pointed down, or just closed?
I was wondering the same thing but it is very hard to tell from the grainy photo. Hopefully someone has more information.

I don't Facebook, never have.

Why is a military accident documented on Facebook anyway???
Cuz idiots are omnipresent. Get used to it, it's only gonna get worse.
Lost of morons try to get me on FB. Usually with BS such as: "so, like, last night I was like on FB and they like had this like drama and it was like surreal ..."
I usually reply: "last night I grabbed the keys to my airplane and went to Houston for a great burger". They usually STFU.

Must not have filed a flight plan. Everyone knows that's certain death.

Its possible that the nozzle droops when power is removed or who knows? Assuming anything (everything?) without knowing is a good way to become a journalist.

Why would the nozzle point downwards for takeoff? That makes no sense. It would load the nosewheel and prevent rotation since the nozzle is behind not only the gear but the elevators as well. Since the F22 has no forward nozzles for vertical take off I think it drooped when power was removed. Perhaps when the left engine crapped out and was the reason for the landing? Obviously its a standard journalist writing the article.....not anyone that has a clue.

Frank

In an attempt to attract young people into military aviation Lockheed-Martin introduces the low rider F-22.....

Back