Kentucky Dam PoA fly-in... (M34 Apr 26-29) who's coming?

While I won't publicly admit how I come about this notion, but I don't currently see any indications of anything that would prevent entrance / exodus from this particular fly in on the specific dates indicated.

While I won't publicly admit how I come about this notion, but I don't currently see any indications of anything that would prevent entrance / exodus from this particular fly in on the specific dates indicated.

I see you’ve never met Mrs. Kayoh190

M34: Hope no one was planning on eating at Patti's or Bill's in Grand Rivers. The restaurants burned down earlier this year. Bummer as they would pick you up at the airport.
Not much else there. Not sure about a taxi to get food.
If I go I'll bring my own everything, as there is nothing there.
There may be rings in the concrete. I'd bring my own ropes.

Of course we can only hope it is enough to overcome the decline that will be brought on by the landing of Ed and Tim (LTDH) Winters.

The only thing I'll say about this; when it comes to any previous fly-ins that were attended by both EdFred and LTD...

THERE WAS NO COLLUSION!!!

Last edited:
You mean the two of you would never scheme together on anything?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I closed on this Monday. If the weather holds, I'll bring it.
sunny.png

ONE WEEK!

with the fly-in being a week out, I'd like to give the guy an updated count of peeps and planes. I know it can still change, but if anyone else is thinking of going or bailing, if it's at all possible to post it here asap that would be groovy.

also figured I'd post the accommodation guideline from their website, which includes some pet-related stuff.

Lodge and Cottage Guidelines

You must be 21 years of age to rent an accommodation. Room/cottage rates quoted are subject to applicable state and local taxes and are for up to the number of occupants specified (2 for lodge rooms, 4 for cottages). Each additional adult will be charge $10 per night; children 16 and under stay at no charge. Cribs available at no charge. SPECIAL RATE NOTE: An additional $10 will be added to all Friday and Saturday night rentals for the period of April 1 – October 31.

All Kentucky State Park accommodations are smoke free.

All lodge rooms receive daily maid service. Daily maid service is not provided in cottages; towels are furnished daily, fresh linens available upon request. Basic cooking utensils and dishes are furnished in cottages.

All Wildwood Cottage reservations at Lake Cumberland State Resort Park ONLY will receive a voucher a check-in for 1 bundle of wood per night. This wood bundle can be picked up at the Country Store. Extra wood bundles are 6.00 each. All firewood must be USDA certified clean.

Check in times are neither set nor guaranteed. Our goal is to have all accommodations available by 4:00 p.m., local time, but circumstances beyond our control may prevent this in rare instances. Specific accommodations are not guaranteed, however, every effort will be made to honor your requests.

Fire codes do not permit cooking in any room or on balconies/porches.

Kentucky State Parks are now pet friendly. Pet owners will pay a $30 fee plus applicable tax for each lodge room reservation and $50 for each cottage reservation. No more than two pets are allowed per room/cottage. Upon check in guests who choose to bring their pet and stay in a pet friendly room will receive a copy of the park pet policy and be required to sign a waiver form verifying that they will comply with that policy.

Pets are allowed only in designated areas and are not permitted inside restaurant or other public areas (unless it's a service animal permitted under the provisions of KRS 258.500). Park Management reserves the right to prohibit any pet on the premises that may pose a risk to our guests or staff.

Guests that bring a pet into an accommodation without prior notification and paying the fee will be charged a fee of $50 plus applicable tax per stay and a $100 extra cleaning fee.

Check out times: Rooms: 11:00am local time. Cottages: 10:00am local time. Additional charges may be levied for unapproved late checkouts.

Hey eman, any chance you could call them and try to group us cottage people together? It would be great if we weren’t all spread out over the whole place.

Hey eman, any chance you could call them and try to group us cottage people together? It would be great if we weren’t all spread out over the whole place.

I can certainly try. this will also be easier to attempt with an accurate headcount.

I am still a go for now. Mondays final outcome will be the deciding factor. But then I am in the Camp Ground so I will promise to only make one low pass over the runway and top speed will be about 65, but it will be as low as you can get!!!!

I’m really going to miss being there but observing the nude beach on St. Martin will be a pretty good compromise. And no, I don’t intend to experience gettting blown off the fence watching airplanes at SXM.

Have a blast!

Cheers

I asked them this and they said they are given out first come first served and said the first person to arrive should request peeps who are there for the same reason to be grouped at that time.

I'm told my plane is ready to pick up from annual tomorrow morning! Little down to the wire but if all is well on the return to service flight I'll be there. While the idea of the "13 months annual" is appealing from a money saving standpoint, living in the mid-west it's just not something I'm going to do anymore. From now on I'm picking one of the many crappy months...probably February...and sticking with it.

M34 is no where near Lake Cumberland State Resort Park. WTF?

I'm told my plane is ready to pick up from annual tomorrow morning! Little down to the wire but if all is well on the return to service flight I'll be there. While the idea of the "13 months annual" is appealing from a money saving standpoint, living in the mid-west it's just not something I'm going to do anymore. From now on I'm picking one of the many crappy months...probably February...and sticking with it.
I did the 13 month thing just to get me TO the winter annuals...now I'm on 12.

M34: Hope no one was planning on eating at Patti's or Bill's in Grand Rivers. The restaurants burned down earlier this year. Bummer as they would pick you up at the airport.
Not much else there. Not sure about a taxi to get food.
If I go I'll bring my own everything, as there is nothing there.
There may be rings in the concrete. I'd bring my own ropes.

M34 is no where near Lake Cumberland State Resort Park. WTF?

Hmmm. Your first post implies that you might have local knowledge. Your second one implies that you have no idea where the place is. Odd.

Weather (so far) looks pretty good...maybe windy on Friday.
Hope to catch up to you all at some point. As with the weather, the only thing constant about my schedule is change.

@SixPapaCharlie , bringing a yellow X or two? (a PoA secret of course) :ihih:

So, just to recap... current plan is everyone shows up to the airport at various times. We drive the lodge person who brings the car out nuts by calling him out a dozen or more times for each of us. Then we all sort of hopefully bump into each other in the general area of the lodge/cottages and scratch our collective butts trying to figure out what to do?

Hey, I'm not complaining just making sure I'm on the same page. Also trying to work out if there's any way I could cram grilling supplies in the airplane and if anyone was interested in such things happening...

So, just to recap... current plan is everyone shows up to the airport at various times. We drive the lodge person who brings the car out nuts by calling him out a dozen or more times for each of us. Then we all sort of hopefully bump into each other in the general area of the lodge/cottages and scratch our collective butts trying to figure out what to do?

Hey, I'm not complaining just making sure I'm on the same page. Also trying to work out if there's any way I could cram grilling supplies in the airplane and if anyone was interested in such things happening...

sounds like you got the agenda under control. the only things more than 2 people have chimed in on is dinner Friday night (somewhere other than the burned down place) and possibly flying to a bbq joint for lunch on Saturday. other things have been discussed (shooting range, golf) but other than that, the only planned event is drinking.

EDIT: added to the agenda is hazing okie for his love of celine dion

We have to change our plans. But we will come and will arrive on Saturday. :)

We have to change our plans. But we will come and will arrive on Saturday. :)

sorry we'll miss u at the Friday dinner. I updated the spreadsheet to have u coming in sat leaving sun.

What time do you think you'll be arriving? I'm down to wait around the airport and have a cold beer waiting on a some people. Of course we will be grading the landings. @OkieFlyer said he's going to land around noon and patiently wait on us to get there around 4:30 on Thursday. He'll probably be good and buzzed by then. :)

My girlfriend is delaying me on Friday (what else is new...just kidding honey, if you're reading this), so we won't get there until VERY late Friday...runway is lighted, right? At least chart sup says it is...

I haven't been paying attention to the plans. I am being asked lots of questions so we know what to take with us.

I know nothing is etched in stone but war are the plans for meals. I think I heard flying out to someplace on Sat but there was also Golf mentioned and shooting. What meals are we going to try to eat together and what ones are on our own. If we figured out the grill thing I can bring a good assortment of dogs, brats, mets. Better half is in Maryland and doesn't get back home till late Wednesday. She is supposed to be emailing a grocery list to me for vittles for the weekend.

Back