shaving head for good cause.

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
My sister is shaving her head for St baldricks. Yeah for her I am proud of her for doing it. Has anyone else done it? Would you Shave your head? What would you think if your sister/wife/significant other was going to do it? Yes it's a good cause but I love my hair and find it helps my appearance.

I've thought about shaving my head but sunburn potential is bothersome. Of course I've got a balding spot and incipiant comb-over so shaving is a good alternative to being a long haired bald man.

Many years ago, I would have done it in support of St. Baldrick's Foundation (had it existed then). Now, it would be a moot point, as I am fully bald without shaving. I support their cause.

No need to shave the whole head. Many of my friends grew their hair long and donated it to good causes. It required only cutting their hair short, not shaving the whole scalp.

My mane is lustrous, silky, and pleasing to every sense, and it would take more than a charity fundraiser for me to go all auto-delilah on it, no matter the cause supported. Such an act is tantamount to defacing a national treasure.

If my girl did it I'd probably make her wear a hat indoors. Ain't nobody want to see images of britney spears in gi jane mode in their own home. It is possible I would get a hotel room for the regrowth phase.

I shaved my head 19 years ago on a bet. I actually won the bet and shaved my head! Business was really improving, but our best sales month was around 340 cars. In May I challenged my sales staff to sell 400 units and told them I would shave my head on the showroom floor in June if they did it! 453 cars in the books on May 31! :yes::yes: We actually had one customer come in and pay for a truck that was on order to make sure it counted towards my shaving my head!! :D

I shaved my head 19 years ago on a bet. I actually won the bet and shaved my head! Business was really improving, but our best sales month was around 340 cars. In May I challenged my sales staff to sell 400 units and told them I would shave my head on the showroom floor in June if they did it! 453 cars in the books on May 31! :yes::yes: We actually had one customer come in and pay for a truck that was on order to make sure it counted towards my shaving my head!! :D

Dare we ask what the 500 unit bet involved? :eek: :eek:

Dare we ask what the 500 unit bet involved? :eek: :eek:

My wife and kids nixed the head shaving idea after that one time! :D I had real curly hair and I let it grow out in anticipation of shaving it, so it was a pretty dramatic change!:eek:
I haven't tried another bet like that, I have put up a few fishing trips that seemed to get some action! :yes:

I could certainly help out, but I'd have to shave my back instead. Not much going for me up top.

Did it to show support for my aunt with cancer once. She still died. She appreciated the laugh at my bald head more than anything.

My mane is lustrous, silky, and pleasing to every sense, and it would take more than a charity fundraiser for me to go all auto-delilah on it, no matter the cause supported. Such an act is tantamount to defacing a national treasure.

If my girl did it I'd probably make her wear a hat indoors. Ain't nobody want to see images of britney spears in gi jane mode in their own home. It is possible I would get a hotel room for the regrowth phase.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I shave my head whenever I feel like it. Sometimes go a long time until I let it grow out. Right now my wife is pestering me to shave it again. Going to see what she has to offer me in trade.

A nice wholesome thread turned upside down in no time. :wink2: You'd think most of us were still in jr. high.

Reasons to shave one's head:

1. Nearly bald anyway.
2. Grey
3. Think it looks cool.
4. Hair donor.
5. Someone's willing to pay you for it.

Reasons not to shave one's head:

1. Just 'cause.
2. Someone else thinks it looks cool.
3. Someone wants you to do it to raise money for someone else.

Charitable organization: "Sac Arrow, we will pledge $10 per mile you ride your bike this weekend to the Dunlaps foundation."

Sac Arrow: "Yeah whatever, I'm riding anyway, so sure."

Charitable organization: "Sac Arrow, we will pledge $100 if you shave your head to the Educate the Whales foundation."

Sac Arrow: "I hope your penis is already aimed toward your anus, because you can....."

I would do it, but don't have much to cut. My wife gives me a haircut every 2 weeks or less with a clipper with no guard.

My concern would be regular maintenance. I used to go to a gym and this guy had to shave his face and his head daily, and it must have taken 20 minutes. I don't have that kind of time.

I shaved my head after one of my kids came home from summer camp with lice

Having been "follicularly challenged" since a young age I will never understand why otherwise hairy people will cut it all off.

When my Father In Law was diagnosed with terminal cancer, all of us in-law boys (he had three girls) shaved our heads when he started chemo. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. It brought him a lot of joy in a very bleak moment.

Having been "follicularly challenged" since a young age I will never understand why otherwise hairy people will cut it all off.

Just remember: You only get so much testosterone. If you want to grow hair with yours that's fine with me.

John

Necrothread with a cause.

I shaved my head the other day for St. Baldrick's.

[Apparently it was noticeable because when I saw @SixPapaCharlie at the airport he texted me later to ask what happened!]

Please follow the link and donate if you're so inclined.

My sister is shaving her head for St baldricks. Yeah for her I am proud of her for doing it. Has anyone else done it? Would you Shave your head? What would you think if your sister/wife/significant other was going to do it? Yes it's a good cause but I love my hair and find it helps my appearance.

Friend of mine is doing one in NJ this Friday for about the 9th year in a row I have joined him in the past but I need 6 months notice to grow enough hair :) now I just donate my money. I wouldn't have an issue if my wife did this more and more women participating in Baldrick events now.

my head is always clean.....cause or no cause. Hair just doesn't grow there anymo.o_O

Afraid to shave it off,I’m getting thin on top,and I’m afraid it won’t grow back.

I never lost hair, it just relocated to other parts of my body... I razor shave what is left on top...

Back