Pilot training in LSA aircraft

jmm

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jmm
It is possible to complete private pilot training partially in LSA aircraft under LSA rules -- effectively allowing the completion of the pilot solo for the certificate without a class-III medical?

why do this: well it would let someone who needs a lot of paperwork and bureaucracy complete training in a normal way and permit flying LSA until med-III is sorted out. (Don't f-it up by applying if it won't pass though buddy)

It may also provide a way to then shop around for a country to do a conversion into which the medical class requirements have the proper and clear approval procedures for a particular threatening part of your history.

Do all your pre and some post solo stuff LSA then swing over and wrap up the remaining PPL requirements and take a PPL ride, off the cuff don't see why you couldn't.

My only concern with your thought process is the whole flying under LSA knowing you have a "disqualifying condition" or however they word it.

Unless the rules have changed while I wasn’t looking, as long as the CFI is not restricted to Sport Pilot Privileges, that training can count toward Private Pilot Certificate. You can solo under Sport privileges and work toward Private. And push come to shove, you can finish Spotr Pilot and get the private later.

IF you can find a school that will go along with this. I was training for Sport Pilot, and was not allowed to solo until I got a 3rd class medical. It depends on their insurance policy. If you own your own plane, then go for it.

Back