Skyscraper Selfie— anyone?

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
And just when I thought I’ve seen it all.

....millennials....:loco:

(No @mscard88, it’s not a rick roll.)

I have a fear of falling. Just looking at this makes my knees go weak....

Yeah, just watching that makes me dizzy. I guess a sign of getting old is when you don't understand why someone does something like that.

Yeah, just watching that makes me dizzy. I guess a sign of getting old is when you don't understand why someone does something like that.

Amazingly, as a teenager I climbed the local water tower where we sat on the cat walk and enjoyed the view. The cat walk was around 100 feet off the ground. I guess as I got older and smarter is when I started having a fear of falling.

You can even see them fall, on YT now: watched an Asian yoot loose his grip from the edge of a high rise maybe a month ago, no chute.
And YT allows that? Like showing someone fall to their death from these antennas?

When I was younger, dumber and in better shape I followed my roommate onto the roof of the Plaza Hotel in NYC. Maybe not the smartest thing I have ever done but the view was pretty unique.

Me too. I've been 7,500' above the ground in a hang glider and thought nothing of it, but standing on the edge of the roof of a three story building scares the crap outta me.

Yeah, invokes vertigo. My fear is not so much falling, but hitting the ground at the end.

All I see here is a failed opportunity for Darwin to win. Not impressed with stupidity.

No thanks. Just looking at that picture gives me vertigo. No problem in an airplane, but in that picture? No way!

They went up to have a tide pod lunch,with their selfie.

Think that's top 'o the Bank of China tower in Hong Kong.

HKPD take a dim view of that sort of jaunt. Their response time to night time building rapelling was... impressive.

I have heard.

HKPD take a dim view of that sort of jaunt. Their response time to night time building rapelling was... impressive.

I have heard.

Wonder if they would send you to the bodies exhibit for that?

I have heard.

Oh, do tell. I love hearing about punishment for people who've done stupid stuff.

Oh, do tell. I love hearing about punishment for people who've done stupid stuff.

Bodies_Exhibition.jpg

"..the front page of the exhibition website displays a disclaimer about the presumed origin of the bodies and fetuses, saying that it "relies solely on the representations of its Chinese partners" and "cannot independently verify" that the bodies do not belong to executed prisoners."

china's gonna china

I saw that when the story came out. That's so sad.

From watching other videos of him being successful, and then watching this one, what it looks like is he didn't realize the material on the side of this building was really slick. He couldn't get any traction with his tennis shoes to get back up. Horrible.

And as far as the OP video, when I have a nightmare it's usually about something like that. I do NOT like heights at all. Flying I am fine though.

Back