ATL Busiest in The World Again

“New York JFK fell out of the global top 20”

That’s a bit surprising!

“New York JFK fell out of the global top 20”

That’s a bit surprising!

Why? The Middle Eastern countries are (Dubai etc) are moving a lot of metal tubes through their airports.

I was in Piedmont Park laying down taking a little nap last weekend and I can believe ATL is the busiest. Watched a lot of planes in that 2 hours.

I was in Piedmont Park laying down taking a little nap last weekend and I can believe ATL is the busiest. Watched a lot of planes in that 2 hours.

It used to be crazy when Eastern had a large base there, and four runways, in addition to a big Delta base.

Like most major airports then, hmmm? Amiright?

Yep. But it is funny how some cities like to tout the status of their airport when it is mostly due to people passing through. I wonder what the ratio is of destination pax versus passing through pax for some of those airports. I bet Dubai in particular is pretty lopsided.

Yep. But it is funny how some cities like to tout the status of their airport when it is mostly due to people passing through. I wonder what the ratio is of destination pax versus passing through pax for some of those airports. I bet Dubai in particular is pretty lopsided.
I was on an Emirates flight from Seattle to Dubai last year. The 777-300 was completely full, I was the only passenger that stayed in Dubai.

Well, IMO who really cares to begin with. But ya know we like our statistics in this country. But destination would probably be the NY area's three airports would be my guess.

Well, IMO who really cares to begin with. But ya know we like our statistics in this country. But destination would probably be the NY area's three airports would be my guess.

Who really cares? Well I guess the OP must have. Otherwise why did he post it? :dunno:

:p

Why? The Middle Eastern countries are (Dubai etc) are moving a lot of metal tubes through their airports.
Figured JFK would atleast make top 20..I dunno. Stupid millennial rationale I guess.

Box of rocks that doesn’t own a car, have a job, understand achievement, and still lives with Mommy and Daddy, don’t forget. ;)
Glad that doesn’t describe us all!

All of the Millennials I know are hard workers. Just like the Boomers, Exxers everyone else with whom I travail.
Yup. There have been losers produced by every generation thus far.

I'd rather fly into ORD or ATL any day over CLT. That place is a dumpster fire that keeps getting worse. ATC can never make up their mind. Recently they've stopped following the STARs and getting the on side runway is like 90/10 against.

"250 till advised" then when you're 2 miles from CEDOX 210 restriction they hand you off and you here this "Slow to 210 by CEDOX". Uhhhh unfreakingable I'm in a descent doing 250. Then you're getting TCAS alerts and RAs at CEDOX cause I'm screaming down at 250 and the departure traffic is screaming upwards at 250 to the same freaking fix.

Ground and Ramp control hate each other so badly that it takes 20 minutes on and good day and an hour on a bad day to freaking get to the gate. If that gate is even open...

I'd rather fly into ORD or ATL any day over CLT. That place is a dumpster fire that keeps getting worse. ATC can never make up their mind. Recently they've stopped following the STARs and getting the on side runway is like 90/10 against.

"250 till advised" then when you're 2 miles from CEDOX 210 restriction they hand you off and you here this "Slow to 210 by CEDOX". Uhhhh unfreakingable I'm in a descent doing 250. Then you're getting TCAS alerts and RAs at CEDOX cause I'm screaming down at 250 and the departure traffic is screaming upwards at 250 to the same freaking fix.

Ground and Ramp control hate each other so badly that it takes 20 minutes on and good day and an hour on a bad day to freaking get to the gate. If that gate is even open...

Anyone can fly under ideal conditions. ;) :D

Your just flying in the wrong days. Thursdays and Sundays are CLT busiest days. We were 20 early every leg today and yesterday.
Crossing cedox at six and two fiddy today "can you make Nelson at 3 and 170 ifiwe gave it to you right now" "no problem..."

What, you don’t like landing 18R and parking at the E gates?

Just wait until they build the new parallel.

Perhaps my airline only schedules us during the off peak times, but I feel like ATL does a good job of keeping things flowing pretty well (when the weather is good, at least!). It certainly doesn’t *feel* like the busiest.

What, you don’t like landing 18R and parking at the E gates?

Just wait until they build the new
parallel.

If ground and ramp knew how to work together it wouldn't be an issue. I've made it from 18R to E4 in 10 minutes. But that requires no stopping and ramp not to be idiots. Like holding us at one of the spots because ONE GUY is coming around the backside.

I've heard once they build the new "18C" that they'll shutdown 23. So that should help a lot during southern ops.

Have landed at some very busy major airports like BOS ,CLT,TPA,never had a reason to go to Atlanta.

Have landed at some very busy major airports like BOS ,CLT,TPA,never had a reason to go to Atlanta.
Almost got vectored right over the top of ATL one night...then the controller offered direct to our destination instead, while it would have been cool, was ready to get home

Back