Anyone want a Lancair 320?

It would be like buying a 911 with no damage and low miles, pulling its engine and scraping it, only to install the engine in the VW bug.

Sounds like one seriously fun VW Bug (says the guy who put a 5.7-liter LS1 V-8 in a 914 :)).

Sounds like one seriously fun VW Bug (says the guy who put a 5.7-liter LS1 V-8 in a 914 :)).

Isn't that what they use in those VW Bug drag racers? I thought they were highly modified Porsche engines with Bus transaxles. Those things are crazy quick!

Dunno. There are some very quick drag racing Bugs...most use a VW flat-4. I know the aluminum-case Type IVs are the most robust (standard 914 fare) but when you get to really high hp levels, they probably go to some really beefy aftermarket case. Bugs are so light, they jump off the line! My 914 was about 2350 lb. with 310 bhp/340 lb-ft, which was pretty crazy power/weight.

Hopefully those are people that have gotten to see it in person, or knew the owner.

Say it sells for 25K, another 25K to get it current and airworthy....

How much does the popular RV cost for the kit and to build..???

Say it sells for 25K, another 25K to get it current and airworthy....

How much does the popular RV cost for the kit and to build..???

I'm not sure why you would want to compare this plane to an RV? Apples to oranges for sure. You can get a currently flying Lancair 320/360 with comparable hours and comparable vintage avionics for around $60,000 to $80,000. This one will sell well over $25,000. This auction is just starting.

I'm not sure why you would want to compare this plane to an RV? Apples to oranges for sure. You can get a currently flying Lancair 320/360 with comparable hours and comparable vintage avionics for around $60,000 to $80,000. This one will sell well over $25,000. This auction is just starting.

Neither this plane nor any RV or any other amateur built aircraft meets my mission needs, but for someone wanting a deal, this could be it, if it can be had for 20K or so, which as I type the bid is $23,250 so it ain't going to happen for me.

Don't understand why comparing this plane to any other amateur built plane is such a big deal. Lancair, Rv, any other small amateur built airplane, they are all the same to me.

But remember I fly for a living and not for fun....:lol:

Neither this plane nor any RV or any other amateur built aircraft meets my mission needs, but for someone wanting a deal, this could be it, if it can be had for 20K or so, which as I type the bid is $23,250 so it ain't going to happen for me.

Don't understand why comparing this plane to any other amateur built plane is such a big deal. Lancair, Rv, any other small amateur built airplane, they are all the same to me.

But remember I fly for a living and not for fun....:lol:

And all certified planes are the same too lol, B787 PA18

Maybe I should bid $23,250.01 and see what happens......:yesnod:

I didn't sign up to site, so I don't know the amount, but usually there is a predetermined minimum bid, so you can't up the bid by a penny. Likely in this case, it's $50 minimum.

Sitting for 5 yrs out of “annual,” I’d offer no more than 45K.

I didn't sign up to site, so I don't know the amount, but usually there is a predetermined minimum bid, so you can't up the bid by a penny. Likely in this case, it's $50 minimum.

I didn't sign up either. I was thinking it would be 100 buck increases. Either way I would have to probably enter a max bid over $50.01 or $100.01 to add the penny.

Less than 24 hours to go and she's up to $26,500. Looks like $500 increments are required now, so next bid has to be $27,000. We'll soon see how bad these guys want this plane!

Went to $27,000. Another guy still cares. Sadly, I won't be able to watch tomorrow when it closes.

Back