Dallas Airports

2nd505th

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
2nd505th
Hi all,
I'm quickly relocating to Dallas, Texas, would prefer north of Dallas. I need a home for my Cherokee and would like some mechanics on field (I seem to always need something :)). Any recommendations? I would sincerely really appreciate any help.

Lot's of spots available in South Dakota. But if you really want be North of Dallas you may want Fargo with Wannfly.

Really though, pull out a sectional and pick some airports of interest.

McKinney has good services, Addison is a little pricey, Rockwall is reasonable but a bit of drive.

Also, do you need IAPs?

Pick some area airports to discuss and we'll gladly opine. :)

Not to harp on Ravioli's comments, but there a s*** ton of fields around. On the north side of DFW, an hour drive between them with no traffic is normal. Add traffic, and it can be 2 hours.

I am on the west side of the metromess and hangar at KDTO.

PM me if I can help out.

Just looked at McKinney, hoping that may work. But I expect local's would know best and just looking for some friendly help. I'm short on time with a ton of things I need to do to relocate. Thanks for your reply.

Hi all,
I'm quickly relocating to Dallas, Texas, would prefer north of Dallas. I need a home for my Cherokee and would like some mechanics on field (I seem to always need something :)). Any recommendations? I would sincerely really appreciate any help.
WELCOME to POA and TEXAS!!!!!

McKinney is pretty expensive too and you won’t find a hangar there. I’m at DTO as well. Lots of good choices but hangar space is at a premium.

@Rykymus recently settled here and might have some insights.

I am also at KDTO. We have some really good mechanics on field and mobile.

McKinney is pretty expensive too and you won’t find a hangar there. I’m at DTO as well. Lots of good choices but hangar space is at a premium.

Scarce and expensive hangars seem to be the norm in most metro areas.

TKI is nice. But, I was just there today asking about getting a tie-down spot again, so I can shuffle my plane back and forth between McKinney and the hangar in Arlington. (I want to be in McKinney, but I'm like 200-something on the waiting list.) They just started a new construction project and moved all the planes on the south tie-downs over to the north tie-downs, and may not have any space. I'm waiting for a call back. I got myself on the waiting list of everything within an hour drive of home (Fairview) and only recently got something in Arlington, an hour away.

I heard that Rockwall is tearing out their covered tie-downs to build more hangars.

I think @Rykymus can help the OP with phrasing the question. I think he had already settled on Fairview for a home and was looking and ended up at TKI for a bit.

Where does OP plan to live, and how far from there can an airport be?

Back