1st Time Camping at SNF - What essential to bring?

MtPJimB

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
RVFlyboy
Flying in to Sun 'n Fun and camping with the plane for the first time. What's one thing (other than obvious like tent, sleeping bag) that I should definitely bring that I might otherwise not think of or forget?

A search tool so you can find this topic in the cool places to fly

Tiedowns? Not sure what kind work well in Sun n Fun soil. Might want to find out.

Money,plenty of it ,booze,beer and late night snacks.

Somebody has to do it:

- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine,
vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.

Bug spray, lot's of bug spray. Diazanon, if you can get it.
They have roaches big as oysters, and everything else in the state is scaled up in size to eat them, and you.

I don't recall bugs being a big problem. But then I live in the South so maybe what "bugs" other people doesn't "bug" me.

see what I did thar...;)

Here is a copy of my checklist;

Tent
Air mattress
Sleeping bag
Pillow
Cooler
Camp Lights and flashlights
Air pump
External iPad battery packs
Gator shoes
Batteries for lights and camera etc
Fanny pack
Folding chairs
iPad/iPhone charger
Umbrella
Lens wipes
Nexium
Sunscreen
EAA card
Camera(s)
Tie down anchors for plane
Tie down rope
Notam
Sunglasses extra
Regular glasses
Readers
Razor
Paper towels
Coats
Hat

Somebody has to do it:

- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine,
vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.

You forgot the prophylactics...or maybe you didn't...

youse gots to pay a little ka-tention to detail...it is there
Y'all right. My bad. Sad really, as I read it three times to be sure and still missed it. Happening more and more. What am I going to be like when I'm old like... uh, never mind.

Y'all right. My bad. Sad really, as I read it three times to be sure and still missed it. Happening more and more. What am I going to be like when I'm old like... uh, never mind.
I'd tell you what you are going to be like but you'd jus' fergit.

Is there availability of ice to restock the cooler?
Yes. There is a trailer, between Vintage Camping and Home Built Camping, next to the showers that has ice. I'm sure there are other locations but since I camp in the Vintage Camping area it is the closest.

Flying in to Sun 'n Fun and camping with the plane for the first time. What's one thing (other than obvious like tent, sleeping bag) that I should definitely bring that I might otherwise not think of or forget?
Based on my experience....raincoats.

Bob

Last time I was at that airport a swarm of bees decided to form a bee beard on my right wing. You know what’s the worse thing to hear when you return to the FBO to get your plane; “You have the Maule!? Hey, the guy with the Maule is here!!” It’s FL, home of the Palmetto bug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes. There is a trailer, between Vintage Camping and Home Built Camping, next to the showers that has ice. I'm sure there are other locations but since I camp in the Vintage Camping area it is the closest.
Thanks, found it and used it. So we flew in on Wed, out on Sat. Didn't find that I had anything that I really regretted not bringing. Had a couple of things I did bring that I didn't use. Bugs were not a problem - there was a good breeze the whole time we were there and I think that kept them down. It was great fun. Definitely will do it again.

Back