A Few Advantages of Experimentals

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
I enjoy this guys videos. Just simply fun to watch. (Seems like an honest down to earth humble dude).

He had a prop strike and devised a few home-made engineering solutions to address some of the causes. I wish I could take my own prop and engine out and replace em on my own...

There is nothing stopping you from working on an airplane with a standard airworthiness certificate. You just need to find a mechanic willing to help supervise and return the plane to service once the work is completed.

To me, the more advantageous things about experimentals is that you have latitude when it comes to parts substitution, major repairs, and alterations. Don't like the wheels and tires on your plane or want a different engine? No problem, experiment all you want. The lack of restriction on them comes with its own perils however.

What's he talking about 800's are big tires ;). That will teach him to contact the FAA without being required!

I watched that yesterday I thought the forward looking camera was an interesting idea although I could see a person getting fixated on it.

Back