New Addition to the POA Fleet

Bulldog573

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
81D3123A-E860-4F6B-A1E6-CD4643914CD5.jpeg I finally pulled the trigger, and took delivery yesterday afternoon. It’s a 1978 Warrior II, not as fast as some, not as fancy as others, but it’s a solid airplane and I’m pretty sure it’ll get me through instrument training (with a little panel work) and will probably be my “affordable bird” in retirement.

As always, the advice on POA is invaluable. After reading all the posts matching missions to aircraft I really felt kinda bad about not getting a Bonanza or a Grumman, but I figure as long as I install an AOA indicator this is my 90% mission plane.

Welcome to the long wing world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Bulldog573 dont apologize for buying a very pretty and sharp looking Warrior. Like the paint scheme on it, looks great. I've taught in Warriors and they are excellent platforms for instrument training. Enjoy your 'new' plane and share your stories. :thumbsup:

Congrats! Plane looks sharp! I did my IR in a PA28 and it was very stable and solid, I really liked it

View attachment 61668 I finally pulled the trigger, and took delivery yesterday afternoon. It’s a 1978 Warrior II, not as fast as some, not as fancy as others, but it’s a solid airplane and I’m pretty sure it’ll get me through instrument training (with a little panel work) and will probably be my “affordable bird” in retirement.

As always, the advice on POA is invaluable. After reading all the posts matching missions to aircraft I really felt kinda bad about not getting a Bonanza or a Grumman, but I figure as long as I install an AOA indicator this is my 90% mission plane.
Cheers! A Warrior is a good honest bird and pretty cheap to own once you get any kinks worked out.

I know, I’m already sitting on my hands to keep them away from my wallet.

Congratulations. VERY nice looking airplane, and you have every reason to be proud of this one!

By next week we want to be hearing about the upgrades. ;)
We know you know it's dual G5s, Garmin 650, the most sophisticated PS Engineering audio panel/intercom available, LED landing and navigation lights, Bose or Zulu headsets for all, and if that plane don't have a leather interior, well by gosh you better fix that pronto. :p

Nice! Always liked renting Warriors/ Archers. How’s the panel?

By next week we want to be hearing about the upgrades. ;)
We know you know it's dual G5s, Garmin 650, the most sophisticated PS Engineering audio panel/intercom available, LED landing and navigation lights, Bose or Zulu headsets for all, and if that plane don't have a leather interior, well by gosh you better fix that pronto.

I’ve passed the list along to my co-pilot. She’s approved one Zulu, I wonder who’s gonna wear that? ;)

Nice! Always liked renting Warriors/ Archers. How’s the panel?

Basic. GNS430 non-WAAS, good EGT, everything else is close to, if not original, King. I should have a little time to work through the upgrades.

I’ve passed the list along to my co-pilot. She’s approved one Zulu, I wonder who’s gonna wear that? ;)

Ahhhh yes. Many of us have that problem. My copilot is also the family Treasury Secretary and, unlike the one in D.C., she won't authorize any deficit financing.

I know, I’m already sitting on my hands to keep them away from my wallet.

LOL! Well, there’s that extreme- the “discretionary” spending (discretion is totally the wrong word...indiscriminate maybe better?).

The other end of the spending spectrum is the unexpected.

Then between those two is the scheduled maintenance.

My problem is that the unexpected spending and scheduled spending keeps my wallet thin enough where there’s less room to buy cool stuff (discretionary indiscriminate spending).

Beautiful plane. I’m a picture whore. Love to see more pics for my own entertainment...

Congratulations, I got the same aircraft, it’s a solid aircraft for the Long cross country, handle very well in the turbulence situation because the 35ft wing help

I've done huge trips in my Warrior several time from Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale 1200 nm.

Leo :):)

Congratulations, I got the same aircraft, it’s a solid aircraft for the Long cross country, handle very well in the turbulence situation because the 35ft wing help

I've done huge trips in my Warrior several time from Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale 1200 nm.

Leo :):)

Thanks Leo! I don’t know if I’ll make any that long, but it’s certainly encouraging to hear you’ve done it.

Nice!

I had one just like it (minus the snazzy paintjob). Non-waas GNS430 and the rest king-o-rama. Worked just fine for instrument flight. I would resist the urge to upgrade until you know that you'll own it for the long haul. Those planes go quickly from 'nice' to 'over-upgraded'.

Not the fastest plane out there. I can drive from DC to ND in 22hrs, the Warrior wasn't any faster :(

I would resist the urge to upgrade until you know that you'll own it for the long haul. Those planes go quickly from 'nice' to 'over-upgraded'.

Sounds like solid advice, and I appreciate it.

Yeah, but where’s the fun in driving the long...:goofy:

I hadn't done the drive in a couple of years but last week I had to re-position a car. I had forgotten just how monotonous the landscape gets once you make it across the WV/OH line o_O

I hadn't done the drive in a couple of years but last week I had to re-position a car. I had forgotten just how monotonous the landscape gets once you make it across the WV/OH line o_O

You get used to it. Flew as commercial passenger out of Kansas City International a few years ago, heading to California for training. We’re about to take the active, which quite frankly was next to a pasture.

The nice lady next to the window is from Baltimore. She looks at me and asks “Why are there cows next to your runway?”

Me: “We have cows everywhere in Missouri”

Her: “Well, I think I’ve seen all of Missouri I need to see”. Closes the blind. I laughed and invited her to come visit anytime :)

Back