Ahhhhhhh.........

Half Fast

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Half Fast
Hectic day at work today. I just started a new assignment and it’s going to be a little stressful for a while.

So after work I headed for the airport. Traffic, of course, was a melluva hess. Wrecks and emergency vehicles everywhere. What should have been a 40 minutes drive took an hour and a half. By the time I got there I only had enough daylight left for a short flight. Grumble grumble...

Then I finally got into the air. Ahhhhh!!! Relief! What a lovely evening. Beautiful sky, bright sun dogs, smooth air. Had a nice hour just sightseeing and felt all the stress melt away.

Gosh that felt good!

I know the feeling. Low and slow on a nice evening is the best therapy there is!

Makes you forget about everything else for a while. That's why I do it.

Hectic day at work today. I just started a new assignment and it’s going to be a little stressful for a while.

So after work I headed for the airport. Traffic, of course, was a melluva hess. Wrecks and emergency vehicles everywhere. What should have been a 40 minutes drive took an hour and a half. By the time I got there I only had enough daylight left for a short flight. Grumble grumble...

Then I finally got into the air. Ahhhhh!!! Relief! What a lovely evening. Beautiful sky, bright sun dogs, smooth air. Had a nice hour just sightseeing and felt all the stress melt away.

Gosh that felt good!

And the punchline is....

You woke up? ;)

Yeah I feel ya!!! Not so lucky here. The hangar is about 7 mins from the office. So I'm thinking it's a nice afternoon... why not. Got to the plane the left strut is down...:mad2: Of course I missed all the maintenance peeps by ten mins. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow...

I sometimes fly over traffic jams in hopes of inspiring someone to become a pilot.

Flying is a great stress reliever for me as well. The worst my week is, the more I want to fly to feel better. Beats drinking.

I know of which thee speaks...Best is in a Cub, when you can fold those windows down and stick your elbow out in the breeze, in classic hotrodder position. I wonder if I got my doc to write a script for 2 hours a week for mental health purposes, if AeroMed would pull my medical...

What the heck is a sun dog? Is it like a sun frog? Maybe a sun log? A nice sun jog.

No calls, no texts, no email, it's such a nice break from the world.

I know of which thee speaks...Best is in a Cub, when you can fold those windows down and stick your elbow out in the breeze, in classic hotrodder position. I wonder if I got my doc to write a script for 2 hours a week for mental health purposes, if AeroMed would pull my medical...

Maybe I can get Cigna to pay my plane rental....

"You're number 15 for takeoff. Advise when you're number 2 and I'll work on your release"

Flying can be a Bit-- too.. but then again it can be great fun, and perfect head time.

Attachments

• IMG_1725.jpg
    IMG_1725.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Fairchild 013.jpg
    Fairchild 013.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Fairchild Takeoff 012.jpg
    Fairchild Takeoff 012.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 17
I have noticed that being in traffic,is a bother,that gets my blood boiling. But once I get in the air ,everything is good ,even when I have strong headwinds.

Back