North Star Over My Shoulder

I've got it, and Leslie's next. Ah, nepotism :). PM me your address and we'll send it to you when she's finished!

I've heard nothing but good things about it... Read, Leslie, Read!!! :)

She can't read it until I've finished! I'm about 55% done at this point. And yes, it's a great book. His passing was a real loss.

Okay, I've finished it, and again, it's a great book! He was one of us! Leslie's opted to pass on it for now, so I will be sending it on to PJ as soon as I get to the post office.

I got it! Thanks Grant! I'll post again when finished...

Great timing too, I'm on vacation next week.

I read it a few months ago. Couldn't put it down. My dad has it now.

Try Weather Flying, too when you get a chance. Also by Capt. Buck.

Rich

I've just finished the book and it was wonderful! It's available for the next person...

No, haven't gotten it yet, but will send you this book when I do.

Ok, so I've had this one for almost a year now. I found it in my bookcase and had forgotten about it. If anyone wants it PM me. If not it goes back to Ric. Great book , by the way.

I haven't heard much about the status of the books I sent out a few months ago. If you guys have them, please make sure they keep going around. They don't need to sit on someone's book shelf. I'd like anyone who wants to to have the opportunity to get a chance.

I haven't heard much about the status of the books I sent out a few months ago. If you guys have them, please make sure they keep going around. They don't need to sit on someone's book shelf. I'd like anyone who wants to to have the opportunity to get a chance.
I still have One, waiting for Leslie to get to it. She tends to be backed up on her reading list, so if someone wants to cut in line, let me know.

Read it. It's an awesome story. It was a gift from a non pilot friend. I still have my copy.

Last edited:
I just got this back from drafttek, so it is once again available!

Just drop me a PM!

PS- Thanks to everyone for keeping it in great shape! It's fun to see where the book has been during it's travels....

I read it a few months ago. Couldn't put it down. My dad has it now.

Try Weather Flying, too when you get a chance. Also by Capt. Buck.

Rich

Both are good, but I liked Weather Flying better. Another one I think it better is Fate is the Hunter, by Ernest K. Gann is similar to North Star over my Shoulder (both are classic tales of the flying careers of their respective authors). Buck is great on the technical stuff, but Gann tells a better story.

I have a copy of the book. PM me if you want me to send it. It is a great read.

What a great book. I even read portions of it aloud to my mother, who, at age 72, had a few occasions to ride in the venerable DC3. Just an incredible book.

If one of the copies is still being sent around I'd like the next one. I'll reimburse the postage of course....
HC 65 Box 20N
Alpine, TX 79830

Back