Looking for East Central PA pre buy mechanic for 310r

Glenn C

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Glenn C
The title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for a mechanic that would be qualified to do a pre buy inspection on a Cessna 310R in Eastern PA. Anyone have any suggestions ?

One of the most renown Twin Cessna shops in the country is the next state over. TAS Aviation in Defiance, Ohio. Good luck with your 310 purchase. Hope the plane is clean.

Last edited:
Thanks ,that suggestion came up. The question was asked a few days ago at twincessna.org but so far no one has offered anything up.

How common is it to ask a seller to fly his plane 5 hours away so that you can get a pre buy?

Thanks ,that suggestion came up. The question was asked a few days ago at twincessna.org but so far no one has offered anything up.

How common is it to ask a seller to fly his plane 5 hours away so that you can get a pre buy?
It's worth a shot. The worst they can say is no. If you offer to cover the expenses related they may be on board.

You could try to contact East Coast Propeller. They are in eastern PA. I used them to overhaul both my props about 6 months ago. They may be able to help you with a shop that has used them in the area that is familiar with Twin Cessna's. Good luck.

I can't give you a recomendation for an A&P specific to Twin Cessnas. Someone also mentioned the shop in Ohio which is where my friend with a 414 goes. But for Eastern PA I'd suggest Phil Babb & Joe Flury at P-Factor Aviation (215) 258-0777 located at CKZ. I use Phil for my annuals There is also a guy Dave at Pottstown Muni (N47). Don't know his last name but he is a craftsman Phone number there is 610-495-6366. There is also a guy at Heritage Field (PTW) named Ned Gibson who is very good. ( Ned did my pre buy) Ned and Dave are one man shops so not sure of the timing. There is also Fly Advanced in Lancaster they are a big shop do a lot of Cirrus and will be on the pricy side but that is a bit more central PA than eastern. Fly Advanced also has a location at LOM. Call Dimiti there for info 215-646-0400

Last edited:
I can't give you a recomendation for an A&P specific to Twin Cessnas. Someone also mentioned the shop in Ohio which is where my friend with a 410 goes.

You do not have any friends who own a 410 since Cessna never made one. ;)

The title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for a mechanic that would be qualified to do a pre buy inspection on a Cessna 310R in Eastern PA. Anyone have any suggestions ?
Another option is Jay Shearer at Shearer Aviation in 9D4 (Deck Airport in Myerstown, Pa.). He has been doing my PA-24 annuals and engine R&R for 20 years. I know he works on reciprocating and turbine twins, too.

Five hours... Hope that's round trip... Call TSA they'll can come to the plane (for a price)... They are the best of the best of the best Sir!!!:goofy:

Thanks for your help everybody. I have a few places to start now. Also thanks to Ted and Adam for their phone time!

Back