Just Started

Phly252

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Phly252
Hey guys, I just began my flight training and was informed I need insurance? Where do I obtain this and how much coverage do I need? Is it very costly? Appreciate the help.

Yes, bu the time I’m ready to solo. Is this not a common practice? I guess it’s renters insurance.

I get mine through AOPA. It’s not terribly expensive as aviation expenses go.

About $190 is what I had paid. Check with your school is they will pass on the 5 grand or whatever their deductible to u if u bend something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My flight school required me to get renters insurance. It wasn't too high. I got mine thru AOPA.

Some flight schools do require it. AOPA has a good underwriter, and so does AVEMCO. There are others. I pay around $200 a year to AVEMCO. Check with your school to see if they require certain minimums of coverage.

The school has insurance, but if you prang a plane, the school's insurance company can come after you (subrogation) - it's not expensive, and one less thing for you to worry about when solo.

Or, if you have a term life insurance policy, just make sure you accident is bad enough for it to pay off.

:devil:

See how much coverage ,the flight school wants you to carry,then reach out to AOPA.

Back