This joker is lucky to be alive!

One of us needs to film a Gaston’s landing while using a metal landing calculator... ;)

One of us needs to film a Gaston’s landing while using a metal landing calculator... ;)

If you’ll allow my plastic one, I can probably make that happen!

34123168773_a7aa2a0aba_z.jpg

Low Level Wind Shear aka a pleasant breeze.

Aircraft lifted due to changing wind velocity aka a bump.

I’d like to see an instrument approach into Gaston’s using the new Brynon panel.

Wow, what a bunch of hypocrites. He had his girl in the right seat and she was digging it. I am probably 50/50 in getting the girl in the right seat (although my GF of five years loves to fly). Based on previous posts, many of you would love to get your significant other in the right seat... the kid deserves some credit.

Wow, what a bunch of hypocrites. He had his girl in the right seat and she was digging it. I am probably 50/50 in getting the girl in the right seat (although my GF of five years loves to fly). Based on previous posts, many of you would love to get your significant other in the right seat... the kid deserves some credit.

My SO loves riding shotgun. She’s not impressed by fake claims of danger while hamming it up for the camera. She also likes Gaston’s. Kid can do as he pleases, but the script for the video is pretty lame.

Lots of nice things one could have said about the area, the valley, the view approaching Gaston’s, and the nice turf runway. Even a couple of safety tips about the place would be fine.

Vast numbers of pilots have never landed on grass, and would love to but can’t get rental places to allows it, so the “drama” is nearly “built-in”, without even having to say much about it.

Even a nice six-bouncer on the grass like he made. LOL.

I love how his base turn is way out there, and he's all worried about the "canyon" but overflies the red roof resort somewhat low. I make my turn inside that resort and basically make it a power off 180.

Well, that was quite something. When I got weathered in there I had to do a hold to the north to allow a cell to pass through, then landed with a tail wind, in the drizzle at sunset and very low light. I'm lucky to have survived! At least the lack of light made it harder to see the birds, so I didn't get distracted by them.

Even a nice six-bouncer on the grass like he made. LOL.

That was the wind. He said so. ;-)

Seriously, he hit the gas when the "wind shear" got him and I kind of got worried for him. Seemed like he was gonna float the whole thing and maybe not get the bird stopped before the tennis court!

Back