How would you handle this situation?

azpilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
azpilot
I fly out of a municipal airport. My club has a hangar. Our hangar neighbor is an older gentleman that spends a great deal of time in his hangar. There are no bathrooms close to his hangar, so he relieves himself (number 1) in a five gallon bucket. As the bucket accumulates, he'll make sure no one is watching, and then dump the urine out in front of our hangar.

We've notified the airport, and they don't seem interested in doing much. The lady at the terminal building today told me it is a 'delicate situation' and they have to be careful. I'm ready for them to evict the guy.

-- EDIT --

I should be clear, I have not actually witnessed him doing this. But I am about 95% sure that is what he does. The other morning, I was taxing away, and he was in his hangar. When I came back, his hangar was open, he was not there, and there was a urine stain on the ground right in front of our hangar door. Other members of my club have told me that he does this, but I don't know how they have gathered their information.

Also, when I say "we've notified the airport", I specifically mean that I have spoken to the airport people, and let them know if the urine stains and smell, and I have told them that I have not witnessed this happening, but that I suspect it is the individual in question. I know that other club members have talked to the airport people as well.

Last edited:
+1 for the direct method, let him know you don't care if he relieves himself. But bucket of **** needs to not be dumped in front of your stuff...

Accidentally kick over the bucket every time you walk by? Accidentally drill a small drain hole in it?

Is he keeping it in his hangar?

How about, "Hey, don't pour your bucket of **** in front of our hangar"?
I like your suggestions, but he does keep the bucket in his hangar.

I do like your more direct approach.

I fly out of a municipal airport. My club has a hangar. Our hangar neighbor is an older gentleman that spends a great deal of time in his hangar. There are no bathrooms close to his hangar, so he relieves himself (number 1) in a five gallon bucket. As the bucket accumulates, he'll make sure no one is watching, and then dump the urine out in front of our hangar.

We've notified the airport, and they don't seem interested in doing much. The lady at the terminal building today told me it is a 'delicate situation' and they have to be careful. I'm ready for them to evict the guy.
GXY or AKO or FMM?

How about a large sign where he flushes his toilet that reads "No Dumping" or something more?

Of course there's the classic undergrad EE project...run a low voltage line into the area he dumps the bucket and have it trigger a VERY LARGE electric sign with possibly a VERY LOUD siren?

"Excuse me, I don't care where you pee, but I do care where you dump it. I am sure you can understand that. Please stop dumping your pee bucket in front of our hangar, thanks."

Get the dude a spigot for his bucket, and run a hose from said bucket to off into the grass OR a conveniently located storm drain. Maybe even set up a nice blue-tarp privacy screen.

H.B.O. - Help a Brother Out.

"Excuse me, I don't care where you pee, but I do care where you dump it. I am sure you can understand that. Please stop dumping your pee bucket in front of our hangar, thanks."

This. Direct, polite, effective.

That's fricken gross. The guy isn't right in the head. Confront him then set up a game camera and catch him in the act. Then tell the airport manager if they don't deal with it you'll out him and them.

Hahaha I have to admit this was funny to read. Those old guys are crazy. :p

Pee on his car.

Nah, IN his car tank!

Sticky situation

Nope, he's doing No 1 Bill, not that strokin' thing....

Yeah so, if airport management won't do anything about, I'd try the Health Department next. But first as a few of you bums have said, confront the mother ****er and tell him to stop.

images
images
images

Evidently he’s not a friend ,if he dumps the bucket in front of your hangar.its time to confront him,and see what his problem is with you.

Evidently he’s not a friend ,if he dumps the bucket in front of your hangar.its time to confront him,and see what his problem is with you.
This^^

It's possible we are all overthinking this: maybe he just doesn't like you?

Back