Looking for an A & P for pre-buy inspection

cfd408

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Peter
**PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS POST IS BETTER SUITED FOR THE MAINTENANCE BAY**
Ok.. so I have finally found two airplanes that fit my mission profile.. within my budget.. of course neither one are local..
Can anyone offer advice on finding a trust worthy local A&P to perform a pre-buy inspection?
FYI.. both aircraft are Beechcraft A23 Muscateer II
One is in California the other Missouri.. and I, of course.. Denver
Unionville, MO...
Newberry Springs, CA
don't know the actual airports
Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Last edited:
Missouri is a big state; which part?

Probably not much helpful info but Unionville’s airport is K43, about 1 hrs flight north of me not a busy airport at all. A&P myself but unfortanetly i know nobody from that area.

Probably not much helpful info but Unionville’s airport is K43, about 1 hrs flight north of me not a busy airport at all. A&P myself but unfortanetly i know nobody from that area.
thanks.. when I talk to the seller I will find out what airport the plane is at

Newberry Springs, CA is just a wide spot in the road along I-40 east of Barstow. You'll be hard pressed to find an A&P around there. I'd guess the plane is at Barstow /Daggett which is mostly military helos. Might get a mech from Apple Valley which isn't all that far.

Find out what airport these planes reside at. Use Airnav to find FBO's at those airports and call them and ask if they have a mechanic. If no mechanics at the airport, find a nearby airport that has mechanics. Call around.

Back