wrong place to turn around a point?

Yeah... looks like someone has trouble with sarcasm or more specifically the concept of demonstrating absurdity with even more absurdity. The idea that anyone should be afraid of a plane flying around because of the WTC attacks is absurd just like if I was afraid of a parked truck because of the OKC bombing. Absurdity is absurdity.

But stick around, you might eventually get how it works.
When absurdity becomes the norm, it's no longer absurdity. I think your example was too close to things that are actually happening right now to have been clearly absurd.

So I get sarcasm and so forth. But internet forum messaging doesn't do a good job of always conveying that. And I do know somebody who does get freaked out about parked trucks like that. I probably should have done a better job of looking at the totality of SkyDog58's posts before referencing it as an example of paranoia. But I can tell you that the paranoia does exist, is being fed by the media, and is exactly what the terrorists are hoping for.

It doesn't matter what you call it, any of those things, including pulling over the driver, require probable cause.

PC is not so easily defined. "Suspicious behaviour" or activity can be probable cause. Not saying I agree or like it, but it is used a lot.
If I were stopped (in the US or here) by a police officer who asked me "where are you coming from now" I wouldn't answer. I don't know what if anything he is fishing for, and as long as a citizen not doing anything wrong, it isn't their business. But as a younger man, travelling around with a backpack, or just when I was living somewhere have often been stopped. In the US it is suspicious in a suburb if you are just walking around, depending on when and where, and how you "look" and that shouldn't be, but is.

But police have many ways to explain later to a judge what prompted their suspicions. Sometimes they win them over, sometimes not.
That's all after the fact. You can see many videos of police getting suspicious and interviewing folks who are doing nothing wrong.

Then too, pulling over a driver is a piece of cake for them now that they have all hit on "improper lane change", or weaving, or any number of very iffy "judgements" on a driver that the driver is not likely to be able to counter or prove otherwise on. It's all in the setting. Nerves about school shootings I would be pretty sure driving around and around a school building (which in a city wouldn't even be noticed but is very noticeable in a suburb often) might get you checked out by cops.
My point was just that anyone showing "too much" interest these days seem to be seen as "fair game" by police to check out. Not saying it is right, but it is happening.
I don't think many of them are successfully getting sued for infringement.

I have found that no matter how ridiculous and sarcastic a statement is, someone will take it at face value.

No joke! On another board a newish member posted a question wanting to know why his post count wasn't climbing as he was replying to threads. I replied explaining the the message board server had recently been updated and they had added a new feature called "Post analytics" that was able to immediately assess the quality of the post content... and only the posts deemed worthy would receive "post count credit". I then urged him to continue trying and good luck! The OP's response was dead serious and unhappy that I was being critical of his post content. I was speechless.

With all the things that have happened at schools these last decades, they are getting a (understandable) siege mentality outlook.
One can look at it as oppressive, or give the benefit of the doubt and assume they are just trying to keep the school safe.
That's a good point. With all of the attacks, it's no mystery that people have the jitters.

No joke! On another board a newish member posted a question wanting to know why his post count wasn't climbing as he was replying to threads. I replied explaining the the message board server had recently been updated and they had added a new feature called "Post analytics" that was able to immediately assess the quality of the post content... and only the posts deemed worthy would receive "post count credit". I then urged him to continue trying and good luck! The OP's response was dead serious and unhappy that I was being critical of his post content. I was speechless.
These help: ;) ;) ;)

Your post has been found to lack meaningful content. You are required to delete the post immediately or the operating system will delete you. Have a nice day!

I thought having to identify the sarcasm would be insulting to most.
I usually put one in if I think there might be any doubt, and I have yet to receive a complaint.

lol... you can tell when people are trying to get their post counts up with vacuous posts so they can post their fake for sale ad... like this one!

Back