Really, Amazon?!?!?

that's...............that's a doozy there clark. just pure comedic talent oozing out of that post.
Why thank you. True talent such as mine is often overlooked by members of the unwashed masses.

The combination of eman and clark is moving into the scary territory. Am expecting gusts to truly terrifying this afternoon. Standby.

The combination of eman and clark is moving into the scary territory. Am expecting gusts to truly terrifying this afternoon. Standby.

Yep it's getting stormy here in Bamaland.

Hopefully it will die out before it gets here.

We're all hoping it dies out before it gets much of anywhere . . . Our greatest risk here is from 2400-0200. Already had one tornado touch down out from Huntsville. :eek2: :frown:

Tornadoes kicking east Alabama right now, a lot of damage reported at Jacksonville State, Anniston, just north of I20 between BHM and the AL-GA line. Headed for the Atlanta area. This is a bad one, numerous tornadoes in line hitting the same areas. Winds 70-80 mph+. Nasty night. Prayers for those folks, it isn't fun going thru these things.

update: storms destroyed the Jax St Univ Coliseum
now saying damaged

Last edited:
I usually don't do reviews, rate products/services, or ever complete surveys. Unless I'm compensated, of course. I gotta get paid, or get a hat, or something.

I usually don't do reviews, rate products/services, or ever complete surveys. Unless I'm compensated, of course. I gotta get paid, or get a hat, or something.

Free QPC at McDs if you fill out theirs. :)

You can literally buy one and a drink, then do the survey on your phone while you’re eating it in the parking lot and from then on, free QPC and a dollar drink with the last receipt and their number written on it waiting for you in your glove box where you feel like one.

Never ending QPC. LOL. And you don’t have to bother being truthful on the stupid survey. Just click anything that won’t ask you additional questions (nothing negative) as fast as you can on your phone until it spits out the magic free burger number. Write it down, done.

You can time yourself and make it a little video game. How fast can I get a free burger? Go! :)

If I’m bored I fill out the survey and tell them I want more Mennonite meals. That probably has someone’s head scratching at Corporate.

I do hope I’ve triggered this conversation there at least once... “Anybody know what Mennonites eat?” :) :) :)

I usually do product / vendor reviews if other people's reviews were helpful to me in making my purchase decision. That seems only fair and is almost always the case when I buy from Amazon or other online vendors.

I also do surveys requested by brick-and-mortar stores that I think will take the surveys to heart, such as Micro Center. Every time I make a purchase from Micro Center they send me a survey that asks mainly about the people I dealt with in the store, but also about the overall experience. They know who I dealt with for each item I purchased because every salesperson sticks a bar-coded sticker on the item when they sell it to you. That sticker is scanned at check-out so the salesperson gets their commission. But it also enables Micro Center to tie reviews to particular salespeople.

On a very few occasions, I've dealt with Micro Center salespeople who were less-than-wonderful. More often, I've dealt with Micro Center salespeople who went above and beyond to make sure I was getting the stuff I needed. I've found over the years that either unusually negative or unusually positive remarks are likely to trigger a follow-up call from the company. Most of the time they also throw in a gift card, even if the review was a very positive one, as thanks for talking to them.

Rich

Last edited:
We're all hoping it dies out before it gets much of anywhere . . . Our greatest risk here is from 2400-0200. Already had one tornado touch down out from Huntsville. :eek2: :frown:

I hope all is well there today.

It passed through here overnight with lots of thunder, lightning, and rain but no tornadoes. But it was bad enough for Jackson (pup) to jump in bed between us. He hates storms. :cool:

I usually do product / vendor reviews if other people's reviews were helpful to me in making my purchase decision. That seems only fair and is almost always the case when I buy from Amazon or other online vendors.

I also do surveys requested by brick-and-mortar stores that I think will take the surveys to heart, such as Micro Center. Every time I make a purchase from Micro Center they send me a survey that asks mainly about the people I dealt with in the store, but also about the overall experience. They know who I dealt with for each item I purchased because every salesperson sticks a bar-coded sticker on the item when they sell it to you. That sticker is scanned at check-out so the salesperson gets their commission. But it also enables Micro Center to tie reviews to particular salespeople.

On a very few occasions, I've dealt with Micro Center salespeople who were less-than-wonderful. More often, I've dealt with Micro Center salespeople who went above and beyond to make sure I was getting the stuff I needed. I've found over the years that either usually negative or unusually positive remarks are likely to trigger a follow-up call from the company. Most of the time they also throw in a gift card, even if the review was a very positive one, as thanks for talking to them.

Rich

Seems like you really like (and probably own stock in) Micro Center.

Free QPC at McDs if you fill out theirs. :)

You can literally buy one and a drink, then do the survey on your phone while you’re eating it in the parking lot and from then on, free QPC and a dollar drink with the last receipt and their number written on it waiting for you in your glove box where you feel like one.

Never ending QPC. LOL. And you don’t have to bother being truthful on the stupid survey. Just click anything that won’t ask you additional questions (nothing negative) as fast as you can on your phone until it spits out the magic free burger number. Write it down, done.

You can time yourself and make it a little video game. How fast can I get a free burger? Go! :)

If I’m bored I fill out the survey and tell them I want more Mennonite meals. That probably has someone’s head scratching at Corporate.

I do hope I’ve triggered this conversation there at least once... “Anybody know what Mennonites eat?” :) :) :)
Nate, it's self-regulating. They know you'll only be able to do that so many times before you croak from a heart attack.

Nate, it's self-regulating. They know you'll only be able to do that so many times before you croak from a heart attack.
MickeyD has added 20 mg of simvistatin to the QPC hamburger mix to prevent killing off their customer base. It’s okay to overindulge again.

On a very few occasions, I've dealt with Micro Center salespeople who were less-than-wonderful. More often, I've dealt with Micro Center salespeople who went above and beyond to make sure I was getting the stuff I needed. I've found over the years that either usually negative or unusually positive remarks are likely to trigger a follow-up call from the company. Most of the time they also throw in a gift card, even if the review was a very positive one, as thanks for talking to them.

Rich
It would be nice of me, but I'm too selfish of my time. I occasionally get a survey request from a cashier, to visit a web site on the receipt, and the times I've bothered to look at the sites, they generally want more info than I care to supply. I don't give out my email or personal contact info, or "register" for diddly. Amazon follows up with review/ratings request, and sometimes with requests to answer questions, on those few times I did a review. Again, I ain't tech support, not for free. I will shamelessly take advantage of good info provided by others, however.

NOAA had one of their P-3's doing zig zags for about 7 hours yesterday in front of that storm. The weatherman talked it up here, but nothing happened. Just a few wall clouds.

The weatherman talked it up here, but nothing happened. Just a few wall clouds.

It did here in Alabama:

43e_jax_tornado_altornado_damage_in_jacksonville_alabama_008.JPG

370_jax_tornado_altornado_damage_in_jacksonville_alabama_185.JPG

e35_jax_tornado_altornado_damage_in_jacksonville_alabama_191.JPG

5e1_jax_tornado_altornado_damage_in_jacksonville_alabama_032.JPG

"I just ordered and used this product for the first time last weekend. Very impressed! I was a little nervous about doing a 'waterless wash' but the plane looks really good! If I had any complaint at all, it would be the size of the scrub brush. It's about half the size of a cigarette pack, kinda useless but otherwise, great product! Picture included with hangar and 500w halogen lights for added effect ;)"
I thought the problem was your misspelling of the word "hanger".

NOAA had one of their P-3's doing zig zags for about 7 hours yesterday in front of that storm. The weatherman talked it up here, but nothing happened. Just a few wall clouds.

North Alabama got it bad. Way down south Alabama had no worries. We were un the 50-50 band, but I slept soundly and drove to work at 0530 as fog was trying to rise. Nada on the bad weather here. :thumbsup:

I'm north of metro Atlanta. We had one heading our way but it fizzled out. The heavier stuff went south of here. Thoughts out to everyone affected.

Back