Anyone been to Deland for food?

Fly in Florida

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Fly in Florida

We were pleasantly surprised. It looked a little upmarket on their site, but it's more of a bar/diner with a kitchen. Very dog friendly and parking right next to the restaurant. I'd recommend it if you like wings and/or burgers.

Haven't been by for some time,but as H remember,it was a warm friendly place ,and the food wasn't bad either.

Airport Bar and Grill. We "lived" there when a coworker and I were in DeLand on an extended assignment a few years ago. They had good food, good beer, and great live music.

You guys look familiar. Haven't I seen you in LewDix videos? Didn't he go with you to pick up that plane up north? Or something like that. :D

Another eatery over by the jump school. Good food and MUCH cheaper than the other. Plus, if they are jumping you get free entertainment!;)

Good little place! I go as my hundred dollar burger run sometimes from Daytona, although for me, Highjackers in FIN still takes the cake as one of the best fly-in restaurants in the area

Been to the Airport Restaurant at Deland many times. Great burgers.

Only been to Hijackers once. We were on our bikes. Not impressed.

There are two grub stops on the field. One on the south side and one on the east side. Both on the field though. Go on a sat or sun and watch the meat bombs. Extremely active jumping area.

You guys look familiar. Haven't I seen you in LewDix videos? Didn't he go with you to pick up that plane up north? Or something like that. :D

Yep, that's us! Otto used to make videos with Lewis a while back, too. Lewis came to Wisconsin to help bring the plane back to Kissimmee, although it's now based at Orlando.

Good little place! I go as my hundred dollar burger run sometimes from Daytona, although for me, Highjackers in FIN still takes the cake as one of the best fly-in restaurants in the area

Absolutely - Hijackers is an amazing place for food. Their burgers are amazing!

There are two grub stops on the field. One on the south side and one on the east side. Both on the field though. Go on a sat or sun and watch the meat bombs. Extremely active jumping area.
As one of "The Meat Bombs" (4,000+jumps) we love having the whuffos eat, drink and enjoy the atmosphere as we land!

As one of "The Meat Bombs" (4,000+jumps) we love having the whuffos eat, drink and enjoy the atmosphere as we land!

My kids love it! Wish you guys had a skim pool though.....!

Back