How is Vince Neil going to pass his medical?

I've been thinking. Why does Vince need to fly? He got "High" without an airplane....I know....I'm bad

He can also afford fractional ownership of at least a C560....if not the whole thing....and have a pro do the job for him.

It seems to me Vince Neil is just another has been celebrity with more dollars than cents(sense), and we would be better off if we remember him for what he was and not what he has become. Some of these guys have aged gracefully, and some well not so much.

It seems to me Vince Neil is just another has been celebrity with more dollars than cents(sense), and we would be better off if we remember him for what he was and not what he has become. Some of these guys have aged gracefully, and some well not so much.
I am reminded of the grace of Johnny Carson by the phrase he coined: ".....not so much....."

Some, such as John Denver, don't get the opportunity to age. Maybe if the FAA had been a little quicker in his case... (I know, be careful what you wish for...)

Here's how I see this thing. VN has a couple of DUI convictions the latest in 2010. According to what I have read here that means he won't be getting a medical.

REGARDLESS, he is a celebrity, he has an interest in flying, he is on a TV show learning to fly. This is a great thing for GA, we need a lot more cool (ever step back and really look at the Saturday morning FBO group?), and a whole lot more promotion if we have any hope of maintaining a descent number of active pilots.

Throw in a couple of gratuitous shots of the women with skills he runs around with and now you've got a show.

100% positive IMO.

I enjoyed watching the show until Niel was presented as a perspective pilot looking for training.
It doesn't take a genius to realize that while he may be a great front man, he's not exactly a poster boy for the GA community. He's had 3 DUI stops and I have an even more serious question. How did they find an instructor willing to teach him on TV? She must have known that this would kill any credibility she had in the GA community.
No offense but he should never be allowed to solo and should never fly alone. He's proven not once but 3 times that he can't be trusted and while his first DUI may have been over 25 years ago, his recent DUI's and the fact that he has a history of alchol abuse that extends over 30 years is NOT a ringing endorsement to join our community.

He has money, hire a good captain Vince and you can have all the stick time you want. Just don't go on TV expecting a certificate or a class 3 medical.

What's next, will we hear that he's also going to get his IFR, and hopes to become a commercial pilot. lmao... sorry.

I don't feel safe even talking about him. On the ground!

Chaiyz

I enjoyed watching the show until Niel was presented as a perspective pilot looking for training.
It doesn't take a genius to realize that while he may be a great front man, he's not exactly a poster boy for the GA community. He's had 3 DUI stops and I have an even more serious question. How did they find an instructor willing to teach him on TV? She must have known that this would kill any credibility she had in the GA community.
No offense but he should never be allowed to solo and should never fly alone. He's proven not once but 3 times that he can't be trusted and while his first DUI may have been over 25 years ago, his recent DUI's and the fact that he has a history of alchol abuse that extends over 30 years is NOT a ringing endorsement to join our community.

He has money, hire a good captain Vince and you can have all the stick time you want. Just don't go on TV expecting a certificate or a class 3 medical.

What's next, will we hear that he's also going to get his IFR, and hopes to become a commercial pilot. lmao... sorry.

I don't feel safe even talking about him. On the ground!

Chaiyz

Easy, with packs of Ramen Noodles, just like a dog with treats.:rofl: Those craft services tables are loaded with food!

Ground him on tv what a great message, even rock stars can't make it through the bureaucratic hurdles to be a ****ant private pilot. I have met the enemy and have a Merry Christmas.

Money talks,willing to bet they can find an exemption for his stellar rehab.

Ground him on tv what a great message, even rock stars can't make it through the bureaucratic hurdles to be a ****ant private pilot. I have met the enemy and have a Merry Christmas.

I think you are right, it's a pain in the rear sometimes making the FAA happy. However, I don't think someone with such a public and long (over 30 year) history of continued alcohol abuse should even entertain the thought of becoming a pilot, let alone do it on national television.

I think once you are involved in a alcohol related homicide, you instantly give up any dream of sitting in the left seat again. In a car, truck or plane.

He shouldn't be on the road let alone in my airspace.

Then again, if he does somehow wind up with a pilots license, we can only hope he buys a Piper Saratoga or Beech Bonanza... Karma will do the rest.

Did anyone actually watch the whole season? Did he get his license? I only saw the first episode of season 3 and he was supposed to be on a fast track course that was supposed to take 2 weeks. Haven't seen anything beyond that one episode.

He can't solo too quickly, they won't be able to stretch things out for too many seasons otherwise. My guess - the show gets cancelled before any of this ever comes up - or, he drops out and two or three years from now someone asks, "Whatever happened to...?"

Whatever happened to...?

Did anyone actually watch the whole season? Did he get his license? I only saw the first episode of season 3 and he was supposed to be on a fast track course that was supposed to take 2 weeks. Haven't seen anything beyond that one episode.
Whatever happened to...?

If I remember correctly he had to stop for whatever reasons I can't remember and didn't finish.

Well, the band retired I think last year or year before, so Vince ought to be soloing any day now. :D

Sure it wasn't Dr Jonny Fever?

CJ5d2heWgAEQKRn.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back