3rd Class Medical. CACI, FAA additional Info, Granted, Med dosage Change

Joe P

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Joe
My last 3rd class med introduced me to the new CACI. With the help from Dr Chien, it was pretty smooth for the most part. My AME didn't send the reports from my Drs to the FAA so they asked for me to send them. I did and the wrote back that they were able to determine that I am eligible via CACI.

At the bottom, they wrote Due to my Hypertention, operation of an aircraft is prohibited any time new symptoms or adverse changes occur or if you experience side effects, or require a change in medication and/or treatment.

Lots or "ors" there.

Question is---- If my Dr increases my dosage, does that fall into the "change in medication"? After all, the med is not changed, just the dosage. Unfortunately, the letter doesn't say how to proceed if a change in dosage is prescribed? Do I send them a letter from my Dr saying I'm good with no side affects? Would this letter, if acceptable, go to my AME or to the Regional Office that sent the letter?

Joe

My last 3rd class med introduced me to the new CACI. With the help from Dr Chien, it was pretty smooth for the most part. My AME didn't send the reports from my Drs to the FAA so they asked for me to send them. I did and the wrote back that they were able to determine that I am eligible via CACI.

At the bottom, they wrote Due to my Hypertention, operation of an aircraft is prohibited any time new symptoms or adverse changes occur or if you experience side effects, or require a change in medication and/or treatment.

Lots or "ors" there.

Question is---- If my Dr increases my dosage, does that fall into the "change in medication"? After all, the med is not changed, just the dosage. Unfortunately, the letter doesn't say how to proceed if a change in dosage is prescribed? Do I send them a letter from my Dr saying I'm good with no side affects? Would this letter, if acceptable, go to my AME or to the Regional Office that sent the letter?

Joe
If you are certified to the level of CFI, the FAA knows that you have reason to know.
What they want is 14 days at the new dose to make sure of no side effects and then return to the air. HTN is generally left between the Airman and the AME. So I'd just call your AME if you had a change.

If you are certified to the level of CFI, the FAA knows that you have reason to know.
What they want is 14 days at the new dose to make sure of no side effects and then return to the air. HTN is generally left between the Airman and the AME. So I'd just call your AME if you had a change.

Thank You very much

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back