For Sale Beautiful Cherokee 140

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
I think that I saw this plane at Russellville (KRUE)years ago. If it wasn't it, it was its twin. It was obviously memorable.

I've seen this in person. It is very well cared for

Looks awesome! Love the panel. Probably a good candidate for a 160hp conversion once the overhaul is done, I'd think.

Man, I really like that paint job!

Man, I really like that paint job!

Doesn't look like the go fast thingy has been overhauled, 22-2300 hours on it. Anyone know TBO and about what it would cost?

Last edited:
Doesn't look like the go fast thingy has been overhauled, 22-2300 hours on it. Anyone know TBO and about what it would cost?

2000 hr TBO. This engine looks like a first run as the TTAF and engine hours are the same. Not sure what the "Lycoming cylinder" note means...all of them changed 1100 hours ago, or just one cylinder? Regardless if it's running well I would continue to run on condition and deal with cylinder issues individually. Could get a lot of enjoyable, economical flying out of it.

Edit added: Looks like it was flown reasonably frequently in recent years - 500 hours in the past decade. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I soloed in a 140 called the 'yellowbird'. Someone had painted it solid yellow with red wing tips using what must have been cases worth of rattle-cans. It had a logbook entry early in it's life: replaced tailplane assembly with Piper parts. Plane airworthy. The plane had been used to chase starlings out of safflower fields and the pilot had hooked a power line from below and tore off the vertical stab....

This yellow bird does look nice. Also, low hours.

Any idea why it needed a new prop 600 hours ago, @SCCutler.

Looks well loved. and I’m sorry to hear your friend is hanging it up.

It’s going to need a few thousand in ADS-B gear, minimum, between now and 2010, and probably an engine soon, but the rest of it looks “well sorted” as the used car folks say.

That’s going to make the right owner with a little more cash on hand to “do the needful”, as our good friend from India at work says, a really nice personal flyer.

Nice looking 140, would make a great starter aircraft. Sorry to hear about the medical issue...

Back