A typical Saturday morning

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
What does your typical Saturday morning routine consist of? Anything special?

A typical Saturday morning for me includes a visit to the gym, followed by a relaxing sauna and hot tub session to relieve any stress from the week and it sure does the job. I follow this up by a good brunch to kick off the day!

This is of course what I do if I don’t fly on a Saturday morning. ;)

Just woke up! Saturday is my usually my chill day. Occasionally I’ll go out with people but usually I just like to stay in for the night since I’m up pretty early on sundays for church.

Varies. Today I got breakfast and brought it home and then went to the airport to grab the log books to prepare for my annual that starts on Monday. Now off to work.

For the first few weeks after the heart thing, I would get up, shower, eat oatmeal, then look for a part time job, then hang out in front of the drugstore.

Now I get up, shower, eat oatmeal, then go to my part time job...... chasing away people that hang out in front of the drugstore....

Woke up,
Got outa bed.
Dragged a comb across my head.
Grabbed my coat.
Grabbed my hat.
Made the plane, in seconds flat.

Last edited:
images

Wait for Mrs. Steingar to get done with her personal time in the kitchen, and then either cook something or clean it. Unless the Wx is VFR, in which case I will be committing an act of aviation.

What does your typical Saturday morning routine consist of?
Saturday mornings for me are typically occupied running errands. I live in a small town and so many places like the post office, hardware store, laundry, auto service businesses and etc., close at noon on Saturday. I usually get a shower, make the errand rounds before everything closes then grab lunch somewhere.

Get up, walk dog, eggs bacon and toast, pay bills, then go the weather is good fly. If it isn’t , like today, then find something else to do.

Today, 50mi motorcycle ride then jumped on the bicycle to find a place to enjoy a st Patty’s day beer. F2ECB965-EB10-4C8F-81BC-811F2EF74A81.jpeg

Usually go to the gym,however today did four young eagles flights. Being retired everyday is Saturday.

Coffee, brush teeth, then video games with the boy until Sunday. Except during soccer season, then my son usually has a game mid-morning. If the wx for Sunday looks bad, but is good Saturday, sometimes I can swap video games to Sunday and go fly.

My week comprises six Saturdays and one Sunday. Each Saturday includes a trip to the gym and some time on the computer for news and you'se guys. If we haven't planned anything then I check the weather: wind and rain and I stay in; wind but no rain, I go play golf; light wind and no rain and it's off to the airport.

The other day I rebuilt a riding lawn mower a neighbor gave me. Tuesday the parts come in to rebuild a weed whacker and I'm giving a chain saw to a friend that I got from another neighbor and had to rebuild. All fun stuff.

I don't have any routine. Every Saturday off is different depending on what's going on. I'm a shift work guy (7 on, 7 off), so weekends mean nothing to me.

I don't have any routine. Every Saturday off is different depending on what's going on. I'm a shift work guy (7 on, 7 off), so weekends mean nothing to me.

I used to work 4 on, 4 off, 12 hour shifts and I really enjoyed the varying days off. It was nice to have some weeks where all four days off were weekdays and were mine to do with as I pleased and I didn't have to worry about making time for the wife. But then the weeks that I had the full weekend off were nice because I could count on some quality time with her as I made her the focus of the weekend. Win-win.

Last edited:
Usually 50 miles on a bike. Today, sporting clays.

Whatever happened to hookers-n-blow for Saturdays?

We’re discussing Saturday mornings, not afternoon & evenings. Seriously, learn to read.
Saturday evenings are for heroin and snuggling with furry animals. Where are you from?

Saturday evenings are for heroin and snuggling with furry animals. Where are you from?

Furry animals on Saturday evenings?! Are you crazy? That’s the one night you should give your furry friends a break.

Oh, I’m from Indiana originally but both of us decided to live separate lives.

Furry animals on Saturday evenings?! Are you crazy? That’s the one night you should give your furry friends a break.

Oh, I’m from Indiana originally but both of us decided to live separate lives.
I didn’t say they were friends...

For the first few weeks after the heart thing, I would get up, shower, eat oatmeal, then look for a part time job, then hang out in front of the drugstore.

Now I get up, shower, eat oatmeal, then go to my part time job...... chasing away people that hang out in front of the drugstore....

Sounds familiar... an old Cheech and Chong bit, right?

Back