What is this vessel?

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
This vessel has shown up sporadically off the back yard for the last month or so. It stays in place for a day or two and then moves a few hundred feet upstream or downstream.

It has a state of Florida seal on the side. The river is about to be dredged for bigger cargo ships, so my first suspicion is that it"s researching some kind of water quality baseline.

I figure someone here will be able to come up with something either more accurate or more creative.

Attachments

• 20180316_144231.jpg
    20180316_144231.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 144
I believe It’s a dredge boat, used for vacuuming up alluvial silt. Used to see similar in various locations on the St John’s when I was a kid.

It's one of the new vectors in the chemtrail program. People have been learning to avoid overflight so the waterborne division has been activated.

I believe It’s a dredge boat, used for vacuuming up alluvial silt. Used to see similar in various locations on the St John’s when I was a kid.
Hmm. Interesting. We are just downstream of an estuary that got major flooding during Irma, so the alluvial silt possibility makes sense. There's no evident outflow, but maybe it's below the surface.

It's the Heisenberg House

images

This vessel has shown up sporadically off the back yard for the last month or so. It stays in place for a day or two and then moves a few hundred feet upstream or downstream.

It has a state of Florida seal on the side. The river is about to be dredged for bigger cargo ships, so my first suspicion is that it"s researching some kind of water quality baseline.

I figure someone here will be able to come up with something either more accurate or more creative.

Disguised Russian trawler like the ones always hanging around during the moonshots and apollo capsule landings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disguised Russian trawler like the ones always hanging around during the moonshots and apollo capsule landings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not near enough rust on it so it is a heck of a disguise.

Electronic surveillance vessel. See any black suburbans around lately.? Any unexplained buzzing in your phone.? Seen any drones flying over.?? Has your Tv or radio turned on or off suddenly without any explanation.? Have you been watching gladiator movies lately.??

It looks like a Jackup rig that can be floated into position, then jacked-up on the legs so that the hull is above the water. I note that part of the hull is above water -
but not all. Jackups are routinely used for drilling oil wells - but they are usually much more robust than this vesssel. This one appears to be a light-duty unit intended
for use in relatively calm water (such as is found in rivers). Such rigs are used where it is required to stay in one position in shallow water for long periods. I have no idea
what they are doing with it.

In another life I worked in offshore oil exploration. Mostly drillships, but I had occasion to visit a couple of working jackups. These were Mat-style units designed for use
on soft/muddy bottoms. There was constant movement on one of them that made me uneasy - I was glad to soon be elsewhere. The other exhibited no unusual movement.
I later heard that both turned over. In one case everyone escaped. In the other, some did not.

Dave

Back