A Friend of Mine Murdered

OkieFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew L.
I'm deeply saddened by the murder of a friend a few days ago. Some of you Colorado guys probably heard about it on the news. Larry Fisher was the owner of Ski and Bow Rack in Pagosa Springs, CO. A few nights ago, he interrupted a burglary taking place in his shop and was shot in the chest by a cowardly piece of crap. He died at the hospital a little later.

Larry had been the owner of the shop since the mid 80s and my family began renting our skis and boots from him since then whenever we were in town. Although we only saw Larry a couple times a year, over the 30+ years we did business with him, we developed a friendship with him and some of his long time employees. I hold Larry in high regard, and he was truly one of the kindest men on planet earth. Always smiling, always happy to see you, and always treating customers like friends. He watched me grow up since I was 2 years old, and served 3 generations of my family with a smile, and I always looked forward to seeing him. He was one heck of a skier and even well into his sixties liked to get out to the back country and build ski jumps and do flips and crazy stuff. He was an avid outdoorsman, a businessman, and a father of 3. Most of all he was just a wonderful human being. I will miss Larry very much, and our trips to Pagosa will now be a little bit sad. I can't imagine a trip there without him.

Perhaps some of you who have been to Pagosa Springs have run across him. If you have, you know the kind of person he was.

Rest in Peace my friend, and may justice be served for this horrible crime.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/03/12/ski-shop-owner-murdered-after-interrupting-a-burglary/

sorry for your loss, Okie. effin thugs, man, totally senseless. no reason for it whatsoever.

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a super human being.

Extremely sorry to read this, and for your loss. Prayers for Larry and his family.

Ugh, very sorry to hear of this. My condolences!

Sorry to hear that, and I hope whomever killed him dies a painful death on the prison floor.

Damn. Sorry for your loss. I've looked up his store and realized I shopped there a few times while out there elk hunting.

Sorry for your loss,may He Rest In Peace.

Sorry to hear, Andrew. Two friends of mine have been murdered. You'll never make sense of it, because it's just a random event.

Hopefully they find the perp and he gets the chair.

Sorry to hear that, and I hope whomever killed him dies a painful death on the prison floor.

Better yet - hang em' and prevent the tax payer from paying for his prison cell.

An eye for an eye

Last edited:
I'm truly sorry to hear this too.
We had a family member murdered back in '83, and although that's a long time ago, it's one of those things that kind of haunts you forever.
Each event seems to chip away at the stone of trust for humankind....and we just don't need anymore help with that right now.
My sincerest condolences, how incredibly sad.

I'm truly sorry to hear this too.
We had a family member murdered back in '83, and although that's a long time ago, it's one of those things that kind of haunts you forever.
Each event seems to chip away at the stone of trust for humankind....and we just don't need anymore help with that right now.
My sincerest condolences, how incredibly sad.

Senseless murders have occurred as long as there have been humans, and I doubt they'll stop anytime soon... probably not as long as humans are around. We like to think that things have degraded, but the statistics don't seem to indicate that to overall be true.

But some part of it is binary. People either die or they don't. So if someone is murdered, it affects that person 100%, and people who knew that person.

Thanks for the kind words. I know crap like this happens all the time and always has. Doesn't make it suck less. Thankfully though, Larry was a faithful Christian and I believe he's now in a better place. I know many of the folks here are put off by those kinds of sentiments, but that's just how it is.

Anywho, Larry wouldn't want anyone sulking or being down in the dumps for his sake, so we'll carry on, with a smile!

Sorry @OkieFlyer. Never met him but know the store front in Pagosa.

We don’t have an express lane like Texas, but maybe we can fry the prick.

Back